Help! What shaving razor do you use?

Been enjoying this thread. Would like to try a Game Changer but apparently there are none to be had. Anyone still able to find them? Saw some on the auction site but crazy prices.

Been enjoying this thread. Would like to try a Game Changer but apparently there are none to be had. Anyone still able to find them? Saw some on the auction site but crazy prices.
Have you thought of a classic Gillette TTO like a Fat boy or a slim? I have both and they are better than anything I have tried.

Last edited:
Have you thought of a classic Gillette TTO like a Fat boy or a slim? I have both and they are better than anything I have tried.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am now using a Merkur 34C and like it. Just thought I would try something a bit different.
It is frustrating when you read some reviews and go to find the item only to realize it is not available.

I just typed in google Gamechanger .68. It came up with Razorock, and from there, it bounced me to a site in Canada called Italianbarber.com. I ordered from them just last week, and they had some still in stock.

I just typed in google Gamechanger .68. It came up with Razorock, and from there, it bounced me to a site in Canada called Italianbarber.com. I ordered from them just last week, and they had some still in stock.
Thanks but for some reason, every time I get tot that site it says out of stock. I have tried probably 20 times over the last week oor so. Guess I will give up and go to Feather.
Don't know how these guys make money.

I want to thank you for the advice. Later last night I went back on the site and it was available. It is now on its way. I tacked on a couple soap disks and got free shipping.
Great deal.

As long as my hands stay steady enough, I'll use a straight.
After that, it's back to the Gillette adjustable slim, that's almost as old as I am.

jerry Stark in 52100, a Revisor French toe and a Whipped Dog Fit Your Face as the current rotation.

Brass Karve with open comb D plate and 3-inch handle

Rotate among 8 or 10 brands of blade

Rotate among maybe 10 brushes, some are silvertip, some pure badger, a couple synthetics, and a boar

Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap

Grand Bay bar rum

I taught myself how to shave with a case peanut and eventually switched to a cheap straight razor but more recently i stopped caring about staying clean shaven so i put it into storage and more recently still i learned on my first day of an internship that i am required to be clean shaven(for a half face respirator) and since i won't drive 20 hours for a razor and other shaving supplies i have been shaving dry with a modified opinel #8 for the past 2 months.

I taught myself how to shave with a case peanut and eventually switched to a cheap straight razor but more recently i stopped caring about staying clean shaven so i put it into storage and more recently still i learned on my first day of an internship that i am required to be clean shaven(for a half face respirator) and since i won't drive 20 hours for a razor and other shaving supplies i have been shaving dry with a modified opinel #8 for the past 2 months.

You do know they can be easily ordered and mailed to where you live....right?

true, i could also buy a cheap disposable razor since i just haven't really had a desire to do so.

I've shaved with several of my knives, including this one.

IMG-7845en.jpg

And they say a high carbide steel don't like fine edges. (whatever that means)

I can see an opinel as a candidate to modify for shaving. I might try it. First mod, get rid of the tip, it's dicey around the ears.

I'd like to see yours.

I've shaved with several of my knives, including this one.

IMG-7845en.jpg

And they say a high carbide steel don't like fine edges. (whatever that means)

I can see an opinel as a candidate to modify for shaving. I might try it. First mod, get rid of the tip, it's dicey around the ears.

I'd like to see yours.
Mine has been modified, primarily for use as a general purpose knife i thinned the blade behind the edge and filed the point into a drop point as well as modifying the handle and removing the lock, i will try to post pictures later.

I have no problem with modifications. Dry shaving is a different matter.

n5m4-shave.jpg

Guys,
I did the knife shaving bit 35yrs ago...TWICE, ONCE with a custom bowie,next with a folder.....didn't cut myself.....I've also DONE the dry shaving bit!! Ya'll want to do that!!Fine ,go for it!Me,I'm old & have (I hope)gotten smarter! I like my razors..I like my shaving soap AND hot water!
OK....I'm spoiled...ROTTEN.... !!

Back