1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Help wit info about this Ka bar

Discussion in 'KA-BAR Knives' started by COSMO, Apr 13, 2019 at 4:52 PM.

1. COSMO

COSMO Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Looking for any info on this little k-bar. Picked it up at a gun show and have not been able to find anything about it online. It is new, with original box.Interested in when and where it was made, and it's value. The reverse side of the tang says "stainless Hong Kong." I'm guessing that maybe the blade came from Hong Kong and it was assembled in Cleveland.

Thanks Cosmo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GeofS likes this.
  2. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Welcome to the Kabar forum. I can't help with IDing your knife. But it was made when Cole National owned Kabar

Xr6x and GeofS like this.
  3. GeofS

GeofS Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2018
    That box matches others I have from the 1980s.

Xr6x and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  4. COSMO

Feb 13, 2005
    I appreciate the information, that's very helpful, thanks.
    Cosmo

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 1:15 PM
  5. gunsil

gunsil Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2013
    These were completely made in Hong Kong, they were not assembled here in the USA. They are also "Hong Kong" quality, Cole had no interest in keeping the KA-BAR famous quality alive, they just wanted to make money selling knives.

6. COSMO

Feb 13, 2005
    interesting, do you have any guess on what the value of this little knife is?

7. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Sorry but I don't give values here. Just good information if I have any lol

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 1:14 PM
    Xr6x likes this.
  8. gunsil

gunsil Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Gee, Tank, why not?? I don't know the value, I don't know anybody who collects the Hong Kong Cole knives but there are collectors of everything known to man so there may be somebody who actually wants one of these. There is one on ebay now with a $5.90 opening bid and no takers yet. The ebay one had brown sclaes and no box. By the way Mike, the NCCA two day knife show is April 27-28 in Groton, CT. There will be 110 tables or 880 feet of knives for sale trade, or show and tell. Come on up, it's not too far and there will be plenty of knives. Stop by my table and say hello. There is also the Mystic Seaport museum nearby and plenty of boutique shops to keep any wife happy. You can go to their site for more info. Northeast Cutlery Collectors Association. Everybody here who is close enough ought to come to this, the biggest and best all knife show in the northeast.

9. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Hey Gene. Lol I should edit that post to read I dont like to give values. Thanks for the heads up about the knife show. That could be a nice leisurely ferry ride across the sound. I might just see you there.