Help with DEK1 measurement?

gamma_nyc

Gold Member
Hi All,

Does anyone have the measurement dimension for the blade edge (perimeter of the edge) on a DEK1?

my state only allows max of a 4” sharpened edge knife to be carried.

To be clear, I don’t need the length of the blade, but of the edge, including the belly from beginning to end of edge.

Thank you!

Thank you brother! Always nice to have forum members that help you out.

No problem at all. I literally had it sitting in front of me when I read your post... just got in from using it today.

zMpfjPL.jpg

... like Richard338 Richard338 said, you could just grind a huge fugly finger choil in the blade and Bobs your uncle. On second thought, no, that would just be wrong.

My understanding of the CT law (per my local PD) is that the cutting edge is is measured along a 90/angle from the beginning of the cutting edge a along a 90/ angle at the base to the tip of the cutting edge. Not along the perimeter of the edge itself. Which is why I modded an extra BK 16 with a larger choil to reduce it to 3&15/16". This is my beater Sat. around the yard knife so if I happen to run into town with it on my belt I'm still technically legal. Never been called on it but then again I'm pretty low key. I've got a carry permit and their worried about a knife?

Back