Help with information my Schrade Walden 165

I have a Schrade Walden 165 serial number 19352. The information is stamped on the left side of the blade. The leather sheath has strap and button above the tang. I would appreciate any help in determining the age, type steel, approximate value. I have no box, just the knife and sheath. Both are in good condition. Will be giving it to my 12 year old grandson who has wanted it for several years. I would like give him as much information as I can.

A picture would help and you can't ask about value unless you have a specific membership level

Your knife was made approximately between 1968 and 1969, judging by the placement of the stamp and the serial number. The blade is 1095 non-stainless steel. The handles are DuPont "sawcut" Delrin. These handles are molded from plastic and attached to the knife. The 165 OT (Old Timer) knives with stampings on the "left" side of the blade are more desirable than later knives, which had the stamps on the "right" side of the blade. Some of these in mint condition with box and papers may sell for $100 or more; all others for less, even considerably less if the condition of the knife is only fair to good.

Oops! Was not aware of the rule about asking the value. Just found this site yesterday as I was looking for some information online. If any could give any
Your knife was made approximately between 1968 and 1969, judging by the placement of the stamp and the serial number. The blade is 1095 non-stainless steel. The handles are DuPont "sawcut" Delrin. These handles are molded from plastic and attached to the knife. The 165 OT (Old Timer) knives with stampings on the "left" side of the blade are more desirable than later knives, which had the stamps on the "right" side of the blade. Some of these in mint condition with box and papers may sell for $100 or more; all others for less, even considerably less if the condition of the knife is only fair to good.
Thanks for th information. I will pass the information on to my grandson.

Back