• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Help with Jack Crain order

Hello,
I ordered a knife from Mr. Crain a month ago. I read all the reviews of him on this site, but when I contacted him, everything seemed to on the up and up, stupid I know. Anyway, we talked back and forth, he agreed to make the knife for me and I sent a large deposit. Since he got the money, I haven't heard a word from him. I have tried again and again to contact him but he won't respond. I want to know if anyone thinks this is just a miscommunication or have I been taken. If so, what can I do to get my money back. Anyone please help me, any response would be appreciated.

Michael

michaellhoodjr said:
Hello,
. I read all the reviews of him on this site, but when I contacted him, everything seemed to on the up and up, stupid I know.
Michael

Since you've already read the negative comments about him, I'd suggest you read people comments about what action they took against him to get their money back.

I don't know if anyone ever got their money back, even after taking legal action against him.

By the way Michael, what were you thinking?

michaellhoodjr said:
Hello, I sent a large deposit.
Michael

Unless your knife had some >>>real<<< high cost materials, $25.00 is the >>>most<<< deposit you should give >>>anybody<<<!

Sorry,

A.T.

If I know a maker and have a great deal of faith in him/her, I have no problem with a deposit of up to 25%. With makers like Jack I wouldn't give any deposit. In fact, I wouldn't order anything from them at all. Whose to say that when they tell you the knife is ready, and request payment, that the knife is actually ready?

Got a phone # for him? If he has a answering machine, I'd tell him he had x amount of time to update me on the status of my order, or I'd sic the cops and Postal police on his ass.

He does this quite a bit.

A T Barr said:
Unless your knife had some >>>real<<< high cost materials, $25.00 is the >>>most<<< deposit you should give >>>anybody<<<!

Sorry,

A.T.
I agree with A.T. and it is posted on BFC often.

Dont mean to sound insensitive here, but what else can a person say? You state you read about the other folks he ripped off. You even started a thread yourself, asking if he was really might rip you off, to which the opinions stated he just might. Knowing all that, you send alot of money because he sounds like a nice guy? I dont know, kind of sounds like if you get screwed, you probably brought it on yourself.

I made a mistake, that is obvious, but "you got what you deserve", I don't think anyone should be treated that way or "deserves" that. And I don't appreciate that response. The reason I ordered it is because I have a serious medical problem, and I don't have a lot of time left, a couple of months. The knife is something I have wanted for 15 years, and when you get to the end, like I have, little things become important and you need something to hold onto. This was my little ray of hope. Mr. Crain knows about my condition, which makes it even more difficult to believe someone would do that.

I really am sorry to hear of what has happened to you Michael. It is true that no one deserves to be treated in the way that Jack Crain has treated you. Unfortunately I can't help you get the knife you so so much want. Before you purchased the knife my recommendation would have been to look for it on the pre-owned market, but now I really don't know what you can do.

Though you have legal recourse, the problem may well be that you don't have the time to see the legal actions through. You have stated that you only have a few months left and any legal action that you can take is likely to require much more time than that. That doesn't mean that you should just let him get away with stealing from you. If you sent him payment by mail, contact the USPS Postal Inspection Service and report what has happened. The USPS takes postal fraud very seriously. You can also look into possibly suing him in his local Small Claims Court, but this could take some time.

All I can say is that if Jack Crain has ripped you off knowing of your medical condition, then he has to be the worst POS that I have run across.

Let me rephrase that - you got what you asked for. You were warned that he was a crook and you still chose to do business with him.

Sorry to hear about your condition.

very sorry to hear about this and your condition, if i was in your shoes and someone ripped me off like that, i had nothing to lose, hate to think what i would do.......

I'm not sure what medical condition you have, but if you have nothing to lose, I would suggest non-legal alternatives. at least that's what I would do if I have nothing to lose. sometimes non-legal recourse is the only thing that will bring about justice.

Back