• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Help with Jack Crain order

michaellhoodjr said:
How do I find those actions, because I am desperate not to lose this money.

I would also suggest you contact others who have had problems with him.
Maybe you can all work together.............

Just a question for you Michael.If you knew you were going to be dead in a couple of months why would you order a custom knife.Did you tell Jack Crain you were dying.I think even the lowest SOB would try and deliver your knife if he knew that.
IMO if i were dying getting a knife would be the least of my worries!!

Wlell I take it you are not dying, so how can you say what you would or would not do. You can not know that until you are in my position. To answer your question, YES. Jack knew about everything and promised me several times, that the knife would be ready by the end of May. He guaranteed me that. Seems pretty cruel to me.

If he said he'd have the knife by the end of May, why not wait and see what happens? May isn't over :) Might be just fine in the end other than a whole lotta worry over nuttin. Unfortunately I don't believe that is the case but hey It might happen. I too have been tempted to order from Jack. He does make a heck of a blade and I love the designs but the risk is too much for me to bear financially. I wonder if going through a lawyer and getting a simple contract would have any affect on reliable delivery? I know using USPS money orders for payment would raise the bar as to possible charges being filed afterwards. I hope it all works out for you.

You know what everyone. If I have gotten anything out of this illness, it is to have faith. And that is exactly why I went ahead and put my order in because I want to believe in the best in people. I am not giving up on this. I am going to hope it is a misunderstanding and Mr. Crain is going to come thru for me. He said he would, and you know what, I believe him. So, any responses are welcome but please don't respond saying how naive or stupid that is, because it is all I have left. So, I am going to hold onto that ray of hope until the very end. Everyone has doubts creep in, but you can't let them rule you. So I am not going to doubt until I know for sure. I don't have much time left, and I am sure not going to waist it worrying about something that might not even be true.

I would send him a registered letter,and ask him to please send one back in kind.Check your e-mail spam folder to see if his e-mails are getting dumped there.Did you get a phone number for him? I'm sorry you are having this worry,when you should be enjoying your knife.I hope he pulls through for you.The question is,can someone that rips people off on numerous occassions, all of a sudden have integrity in this type situation?
Good Luck,hope it arrives soon.

Hello,
I ordered a knife from Mr. Crain a month ago. I read all the reviews of him on this site, but when I contacted him, everything seemed to on the up and up, stupid I know. Anyway, we talked back and forth, he agreed to make the knife for me and I sent a large deposit. Since he got the money, I haven't heard a word from him. I have tried again and again to contact him but he won't respond. I want to know if anyone thinks this is just a miscommunication or have I been taken. If so, what can I do to get my money back. Anyone please help me, any response would be appreciated.

Michael

HI MICHAEL I ORDERED THE LS1 KNIFE FROM JACK IN DEC 2006 ITS 17 MAY NOW AND I AM STILL WAITING!! I WENT TO GIVE THE POLICE A FULL STATEMENT TODAY TO GET MY KNIFE OR MONEY BACK I HAVE ALSO COMPLAINED TO THE BETTER BUISNESS BUEARO IN FORTWORTH , FAILING THAT IF I HAVE TO FLY TO WEATHERFORD IM GOING TO KICK THE LIVING PISS OUT OF THAT THIEVING BASTARD , HE,S NOT RIPPING THIS BOY OFF

HI MICHAEL I ORDERED THE LS1 KNIFE FROM JACK IN DEC 2006 ITS 17 MAY NOW AND I AM STILL WAITING!! I WENT TO GIVE THE POLICE A FULL STATEMENT TODAY TO GET MY KNIFE OR MONEY BACK I HAVE ALSO COMPLAINED TO THE BETTER BUISNESS BUEARO IN FORTWORTH , FAILING THAT IF I HAVE TO FLY TO WEATHERFORD IM GOING TO KICK THE LIVING PISS OUT OF THAT THIEVING BASTARD , HE,S NOT RIPPING THIS BOY OFF
If you do what you say you are willing to do in your last sentence, you will do more time in jail than the POS in question -- and be subject to civil suit for any injury that you cause. Be clever. See him in jail and out of business = the best revenge.

This is another old thread that belongs in the new forum. :mad:
moving-van.jpg

Here is what Jack would have you believe (from his site):

Jack W. Crain: Weapons Master

Jack Crain has been making knives full time since 1980. Jack makes all of the knives himself, in his one-man shop, near the rural Texas area where he grew up hunting and fishing. He has created many knives that are the prized possessions of celebrities, collectors, hunters, survivalist, military personnel and police officers worldwide. Many of his art knives are the centerpieces of private and corporate collections. There are many articles about Jack’s knives in magazines in the U.S. and Japan, Germany, Italy and France and other countries.
Jack Crain is the designer and maker of the knives seen in the following films: Dracula 2000, Executive Decision, Demolition Man, Predator 1 and 2, Die Hard 1 and 2, Commando Road House, Ford Fairlane, Action Jackson and worked on films Hudson Hawk, Last Boy Scout, and Ricochet. Jack does not - under any circumstances - give out the addresses or personal information of his entertainment contacts.

Some of Jack’s knives have been featured in the following television shows: Air Wolf, War of the Worlds, Tales From the Crypt, Kung Fu the Legends Continues and others. You may be familiar with Jacks knives that have been characterized in several books, and book series such as The Survivalist series, The Defender series, The Freeman, and Miamigrad by Jerry Ahern and Sharon Ahern, Shudderchild and True Jaguar by Warren Norwood, and The Time Police series by Warren Norwood and Mel Odom.

Although Jack now lives in a large Texas city, he still works weekdays in his original studio and shop in Weatherford, Texas. A very friendly and outgoing artist, Jack has had to close his shop and studio to all visitors due to the large volume of phone calls and interruptions in his work.

Since he does not maintain an office staff, Jack only answers e-mails regarding information about the purchase or ordering of his knives. All purchases and orders are confirmed with a personal phone call from Jack. Other types of e-mails are not answered because all the pertinent information about his knives are included in this website.

:barf:

Micheal it is a shame that you are in this situation. I realize that you have faith in people but some people have no honor or faith. Jack Crain is one of those people. He would steal money from his crippled grandmother. When dealing with a custom knife maker here are Rens fast rules

1. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER SEND MONEY IN ADVANCE UNLESS I AM ORDERING SPECIAL MATERIALS SUCH AS GOLD OR DIAMOND INLAYS.

2. DO A SEARCH ON AT LEAST TWO OF THE MANY KNIFE RELATED FORUMS TO INVESTIGATE THE MAKERS CHARACTER ( IF I DO NOT KNOW HIM PERSONALLY)

3. ESTABLISH AN APPROXIMATE WAIT TIME SO THAT I HAVE FUNDS READY WHEN KNIFE IS FINISHED.

I hope things work out for you but personally I think you just got screwed.

Im sorry..

So does anyone know how this one ended?
Did Mike die? Did Jack deliver on time. Was there a movie made based on this story?
The three year anniversary of this ordeal is upon us....think I'll have a beer tonight to honor it.....:cool:

Did Mike die? Did Jack deliver on time. Was there a movie made based on this story?
The three year anniversary of this ordeal is upon us....think I'll have a beer tonight to honor it.....:cool:

I read this and became interested too. Mike's profile shows a last post on 1/23/07, casually selling a knife himself. There is no mention of the two-month thing and why it didn't materialize.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4299575#post4299575

Micheal it is a shame that you are in this situation. I realize that you have faith in people but some people have no honor or faith. Jack Crain is one of those people. He would steal money from his crippled grandmother. When dealing with a custom knife maker here are Rens fast rules

1. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER SEND MONEY IN ADVANCE UNLESS I AM ORDERING SPECIAL MATERIALS SUCH AS GOLD OR DIAMOND INLAYS.

2. DO A SEARCH ON AT LEAST TWO OF THE MANY KNIFE RELATED FORUMS TO INVESTIGATE THE MAKERS CHARACTER ( IF I DO NOT KNOW HIM PERSONALLY)

3. ESTABLISH AN APPROXIMATE WAIT TIME SO THAT I HAVE FUNDS READY WHEN KNIFE IS FINISHED.

I hope things work out for you but personally I think you just got screwed.

Im sorry..

Ren has posted excellent advice.

Add one more.

Touch base with your knife buddies to see if they have experience.

I don't know any of the parties involved but a quick search of Mike's posts finds this jewel on 11-5-05.....

Crain Knives Value, what will it sell for?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to know what two different knives are worth, i.e. what will the seller probably get for them.
Knives:
Jack Crain Hunter Predator Knife. Knife is BRAND New, never even been handled, much less cut anything. Perfect condition, no marks scratches anything. Perfect condition knife, like I said it is Brand new.

Jack Crain Predator Machete. Exact same condition as the other knife. Absolutely BRAND new.

What will these knives sell for from a private collector I am dealing with. I don't want to get taken, but I know these knives are worth some money.
Any help would be appreciated. Please give me some figures.
Thank you,
Michael

.........sounds to me like he both got his knives and survived the two month deadline and didn't bother to update his progress, physically (personally) or financially (with Jack Crain).

Back