Help with this old wrench

So I have several questions cause this is much older than I am use to dealing with , I bought it from a retired guy

1. What is that pin holding the wood handles on? Is it like a pop roviot?

2. The wood is broken, would it increase the value replacing the wood ? I know alot of the time people on antique road show mess items up changing stuff and would be worth more if they would have left alone and max this wrench is worth 35 ish so I am not planning making a fortune

3. Does any one have a clue who made this based on the engraving ? Its almost all gone and I can't make heads or tails if what it says.

4. How is this serviced ? Oil on moving parts?

5. If you had to guess a year or series of years when would this have been sold brand new?

Thanks

I think it’s a Coes Co. Worcester Mass. I believe it’s over 100 years old. Model T vintage.

It’s what I’ve always called a monkey wrench. The rivet is hammered in. I can’t imagine a replacement handle will hurt the value. I doubt it is even worth $35. I’ve got 10 or so in different sizes. I didn’t pay for any of them.

I think it’s a Coes Co. Worcester Mass. I believe it’s over 100 years old. Model T vintage.

It’s what I’ve always called a monkey wrench. The rivet is hammered in. I can’t imagine a replacement handle will hurt the value. I doubt it is even worth $35. I’ve got 10 or so in different sizes. I didn’t pay for any of them.

It will bring 20 if I'm lucky. They made alot odf these and not Rar . Thanks for the info partner

Back