Photos Help

I'm hoping someone can help me identify this knife. The blade is about 6 1/2". The sheath is original to the knife. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN7773.JPG
    DSCN7773.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 52
Looks like a 511 (SYKCO); but I am far from an expert on Busse-kin.

*edited to add - I think the 511 would fall short of your stated 6.5" blade length.

What does it say on the other side of the blade? (Swamp Rat or SYKCO or ??)

Last edited:
There's nothing on either side of the blade. I got this from my friend. He bought it from Swamp Rat, but forgot the name of the knife. The sheath came with the knife. Thanks.

I think it's a camp tramp based on my googling skills. Searched "swamp rat resiprene" and that looked the closest.

Photo taken from google/worthpoint
1_c8c728dfe144adcf2c42d8a4b8b52efd.jpg

Link where photo is at https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/swamp-rat-camp-tramp-knife-new-collectible

This video is not in English (first one in video search) but it gives several angles of the camp tramp.

Pretty much 100% that it is one of the original Scrap Yard Scrapper 6's. To be sure they were 0.275" to the Camp Tramp's 0.250" and full flat ground compared to saber ground. And 6.5" compared to 7.5". Oh, and SY77 instead of SR101. That is the type Noss couldn't break back in the day. All but indestructible.

Pretty much 100% that it is one of the original Scrap Yard Scrapper 6's. To be sure they were 0.275" to the Camp Tramp's 0.250" and full flat ground compared to saber ground. And 6.5" compared to 7.5". Oh, and SY77 instead of SR101. That is the type Noss couldn't break back in the day. All but indestructible.

I think you’re right.
Never managed to snag either one, but looking closer at op’s pic it looks like S6 more than CT

Last edited:
Yep, they're very similar really. Just a bunch of little, nit-picky differences to the eye. I reckon the most important one is the one you can't see - SY77, so even tougher than the similar Swamp Rats. Pretty special tool.

Too short, and not saber ground. NOT a Camp Tramp! Likely the SYKCO Scrapper 6 as suggested.

From the Scrapyard Knife Specs thread over on the Scrapyard Home Forum:

IMG_3250.jpg

Scrapper 6 for sure smaller than a tramp and pretty different than the newer stuff.

Back