Hemp Wrapped Fiddlebacks - Rusticwrap Review & Photos

Yeah, I am watching the Rough-assed cord wraps with interest, I'm definitely going to pick one up. The more I thing about it the more I want it to be a Bushraptor or Handyman. :)

Gee, for a few minutes this morning I was worried I wasn't going to get one!

Gee, for a few minutes this morning I was worried I wasn't going to get one!

No worries man, welcome to a corner of the knife world where people don't take themselves quite so seriously. Andy and Rick go back a ways, they have even done some collaboration work in the past which spawned the curly cue Fiddlebacks several years ago :)

No worries man, welcome to a corner of the knife world where people don't take themselves quite so seriously. Andy and Rick go back a ways, they have even done some collaboration work in the past which spawned the curly cue Fiddlebacks several years ago :)
[emoji106] [emoji106]

The rustic wraps are pretty cool but after googling around for Roughed-ass cord wraps I'm gonna have to get me a few

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Already got one... recently acquired a Surls Shortmuk (unbelievably light). Little did I know I had joined the Rough-assed Cord Wrap Club!

I have a couple of knives with Hemp wrap by different makers. One by Rick himself and one by Paul Brach. And I have played with a few others that are several years old made by another friend. I like them aesthetically and they offer a good grip. I want one of the smaller edc sized models in hemp wrap, I like the thin cross section for discrete carry.

Just picked up my favorite fiddleback pattern (the patch) in rusticwrap and I'm stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guhul, that's a great blade profile for a rough-assed cord wrap. I like it! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Great review Bush.Hacker

Has anybody tried a rustic wrap in a sheath that's made for its full/standard handle counter part?
I would assume the Rustic would be loose in the sheath.

I put Allen's Stingray in one of Bud's Esquire ISP sheath, and a Fiddleback Minimuk in Bud's Hiking Buddy ISP sheath and they fit fine, not loose at all.

Scored this WA Surls Bobcat last night, now I'm waiting for it to arrive! I think I'd like a Minimuk next.

bef022b9babe7f294e72df0efea19aa3.jpg

Congrats on the Bobcat, Tek. Looks sweet! I've got the wrapped Minimuk and love it. Very light, my scale says 3 ounces. Flat profile makes it super comfortable to carry.

Back