Herd of Seax

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Apparently I have been manipulated by all the recent Viking commercials :) Been binging on Seax knives lately! Here are three I made recently. The top one is black G10 over orange G10 liners. The other two are both handled in Tero Tuf. They are all big camp/utility pieces that would serve very well as back up weapons too just as many of the originals were intended. View attachment 807429

Very cool pieces! Nothing's as straight to the point as a Seax. Good looking handle shape, too. Are the TeroTuf all the 1/4" 5160 like the G10 one?

Thank you :) Yes they are all from 1/4in thick 5160 stock. I am very pleased with this design as it came out just as I’d hoped.

Very cool pieces! Nothing's as straight to the point as a Seax. Good looking handle shape, too. Are the TeroTuf all the 1/4" 5160 like the G10 one?

Lol! Did you even realize you were making a joke? “Nothing is as straight to the point as a Seax” because they are practically giant wharncliffes.

My only question about them is tip strength. Since the tip is down by the edge rather than up by the spine it makes me worry about how it narrows.

Tip strength is fine for knife use but probably a little lacking if you are going to do the pry bar stuff. The Seax is meant to have a fine piercing point by design.

Back