Here fishyfishyfishy: Show off your Bluegills!

I had a wonderful conversation via email today with John while placing my order for a Bluegill. Hope your recovery is going well, John!

I am excited to see the magic he works on my Osage over Blue Liners with a Mosaic front pin and lanyard tube rear!

Let's see what everyone else with a Bluegill ordered! How did you spec it? Wood? Synthetic? What type of pins? Any liners? Pics make everything better!

They look like such a great little knife to keep for quick access for things around the house or yard. I'm sure there would be a million uses while fishing or camping!

I'm casting a line, let's reel in those Bluegill!

BG numero uno. I designed it for a JK contest. It's just a small knife for use when I go fishing.

Here it is loaded on my bluegill pack.

Another pic.

My second one is osage with brass tubes. I carry this one almost every day.

There's a few more out there. It's a handy little knife. I think you will be happy with it.

The bluegill is the knife that attracted me to John's work. I have my first JK on order that is a custom. I can see myself ordering a bluegill as number 2 later this year though!

The Osage with blue liner seems very bluegill ish!

rdrogers, thank you so much for designing a knife that calls out to me! If any of you folks are familiar with the Traditionals sub-forum (where I spend most of my time), you may be aware that I'm a huge fan of unnoticeable knives. I carry a Peanut, GEC14, and AAA Maratac everyday because I never know they're in my pocket until I need them. This knife will join the same ranks. Your Osage example was my inspiration!

greentrout, jump! Order that Bluegill that brought you to the JK doorstep to begin with!

The KSF Pocket sheath is perfect for a Bluegill and a AAA Maratac. Just sayin'...

As rdrogers mentioned, the Bluegill is his design, and is one of my best sellers, for good reason.

d4ee853e9b97dbe36f89b378eb5bfdcd.jpg

Just basic black micarta for mine. Great little back pocket knife!

Jeff

I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.:p

A Blue Gill is on my list though, great looking little knives.

Bluegill swimmin' with the big fish! As you can see, I have a bit of a 'thing' for John's knives and Osage. The Bluegill is a handy little knife!

Bluegill, Mighty Mouse, Element 01 EDC, Element 01 Hunter, Personal Camp, Mud Turtle, Belt Hawk, Viktim

My favorite is probably the Mud Turtle. "Utility" redefined!

Hosted on Fotki

Last edited:
nice collection fogdart! osage over nat canvas micarta is perhaps my favorite handle config. and after seeing this comparison pic, i'm even more excited about getting in on that mud turtle passaround!! :thumbup:

I love this pattern.
If anyone who owns a Bluegill and happens to have an XL width hand (mechanix glove size), could you upload an in hand pic to show how it fits?
I would be eternally grateful.

Maybe palm side, hand half open to show how it lays in the hand when in use?

Thanks!

Edit to add:
Found the stats, and wanted to add them to this thread.
Bluegill - 5 1/2" overall, 2 3/8" blade, 3/32" thick

Last edited:
Thanks, I am trying to get a "feel" for where the hook on the butt end of the handle will land.
Centered on the ring finger?
Centered on the pinky?
In between the two?

In between the ring and little fingers for me when the hand is closed.

488be057b90066002b694bc12245cb27.jpg

Jeff

Back