Here For Another Year

I'll start.

What would y'all like to see John and I come up with for new designs?

Or, what are y'all using your knives for now and John and I can scheme about putting things together to give you more options around those uses?

Last question: any big plans or trips planned for this year?

My response to the last one: My wife's family like to do some mountain climbing and have invited me for the first time (they haven't gone for a number of years) so we're planning to at least do some good amount of hiking and camping in the Montana mountains in late July or August. I'm not a fan of heights so we're not sure if I'll summit with them or not. It's really a comfort thing for me so without practice, I won't have the fortitude to climb up a rock face, but maybe with some practice I can get the fear subdued. I had similar experiences when I first started mountain biking, but now I'm much more comfortable doing dumb things on a bike. I've only nearly died once in 5 years or so on the mountain bike, so that's pretty good I guess. I seem to do fine on steep slopes, but when things get vertical, things change...

I really want to do the summit just to say I did it and do the whole "hoorah, conquered that fear" but we'll see. Lots of prep before then. Pretty sure my father-in-law wants me to go because I'm the most in-shape of the younger men and he wants a pack mule (I'm not exactly a small guy either). Should be a good time either way and I'm looking forward to it.

Back