Here Is A Place to discuss Archery,Bow Hunting, Ect

That rig is no were close to a gun,when using a counpound bow you need all the extra little goodies to help you, its a challenge, not quite easy as you would think,exspecially shooting from 30-35' up in a tree , a crossbow is like shooting a gun

Two of my crew tag out in ky this week!! Daymmm!

securedownload.jpg

0917111913a1.jpg

Theres a couple nice bucks, but that second one is a bruiser, lots of height and width. I haven't gotten into bow hunting yet, but I will one of these years. Rifle season here in ND starts November 4th and I cant wait!!

WELL I PULLED THE CAMERA FRIDAY EVE AFTER COMING OUT OF MY STAND,HAD ALOT OF THE SAME BUCKS BUT 2 NEW ONES,THE WIND HAS BEEN GUSTING 30-40 MPH SO I THOUGHT ID GIVE IT A GO FRIDAY EVE,
038-6.jpg

052-1.jpg

Last edited:
Spent the weekend chasing Whitetails, no luck there. But, I got one of the 'yotes that I found destroying somebodies young six-pointer.

Got him at 45 yards, hit him in left side at the last rib, exit out the right shoulder- he jumped, took one step, and fell dead. The Backwoods Damascus Hunter did a great job on the hide.

Cool, man those things are over populated here in my area bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great kill

Thanks Bill, I was pretty happy about the shot. Your knife made quick work of the hide. Now if I could just get the deer to move during daylight!

Bill Awesome pics! Well my friend and I buy our bows from Fishermans Warehouse in the Columbus area. We went hunting just East of Columbus and both shot nice bucks. A year later the Michigan DNR came and questioned us for the Ohio DNR.Seems the guy that charged us for a guided hunt put us on property he had no permission to be on.I guess he is doing time down there as they had been watching him for 5 years. I loved hunting down there even though it is a 9 hour drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bill, I was pretty happy about the shot. Your knife made quick work of the hide. Now if I could just get the deer to move during daylight!

you will bro, i figure pre rut will be this coming week and full rut the next!!

Bill Awesome pics! Well my friend and I buy our bows from Fishermans Warehouse in the Columbus area. We went hunting just East of Columbus and both shot nice bucks. A year later the Michigan DNR came and questioned us for the Ohio DNR.Seems the guy that charged us for a guided hunt put us on property he had no permission to be on.I guess he is doing time down there as they had been watching him for 5 years. I loved hunting down there even though it is a 9 hour drive.

most of are giant bucks are in central ohio but i have a giant here in southern ohio to just didnt wanna post and have every one around here asking were i hunt lol

Thise are definitely some nice rigs. I'm a stickbow shooter myself. I like the simplicity of it. Nowhere near as accurate though. Shootin a Bear Kodiak Hunter in Bubinga and Mahogany. It's a Grayling bow. Dual core limbs. Pulls 50#s at my 29"s. Flings my gold tip hunters real nice!

HERE IS MIKE NEWMAN'S KANSAS MULEY WITH A BOW THIS YEAR 2011 VERY NICE!!!! GREAT JOB MIKE

NEWMANBUCK.jpg

JakesphotosKS2001033.jpg

NEW2.jpg

Last edited:
Whats everyones opinion on Bear bows? After not having enough time to hunt during the rifle season I've decided that I want to get into bow hunting beings the season is from the beginning of September until after new years. I'll have more chances to get out and hunt. We have one archery shop here in town that sells Bear and Alpine bows. The guy that owns it is one of my best friends uncles and my friend says that he can get me a pretty good deal. He also told me that he really likes the Bear bows and it was what he thought I should go with.

TenPoint ProFusion, here....if I can just find time to use it.....

~:devilish:

ac700wildcat, bear's top of the line compounds are good, and their stickbows are great. You can find used bows that are typically only a year or two old and have been shot very little for insanely good prices on archery forums. I shoot a Diamond Marquis with 28.5 inch draw at 72 pounds, with an HHA Optimizer ultra sight, apache stabilizer, fuse whisker biscuit rest, easton full metal jacket arrows, and rage two blade broadheads. If you can find an elite z28 or GT500 on the forums, theyre amazing bows, if youre ok with a dual cam bow. Look for something with at least a 7 inch brace height, it'll be easier and more forgiving for you to learn to shoot well with. If youre like me, you wont be rifle hunting much more once the bow bug bites you. :D

Hello all,

some nice game taken pics in this thread.

In regards to bear bows - I only shoot trad bows. Not a huge fan of their trad bows - I much prefer my Border Black Douglas or Schaffer Silvertip.
A mate has their carnage compound and it certainly spits an arrow!
Cheers

i said i never would change i am now a proud user of a mathews z7 magnum!!!

Bill,

I shoot a Mathews Z7 Extreme, but always take some sort of backup if I'm traveling out of state. It paid off this year, used a Kodiak to take my Muley.

Mike N.

Back