Here Is A Place to discuss Archery,Bow Hunting, Ect

HERE IS BROTHER Riverwarrior's Son with his first BLOOD!! CONGRATS BUDDY!!!

Camdeer001.jpg

He didnt have an arrow,his bow went "bang" but heres were all the deer pics are!! He deserves a spot in the backwoods trophy room

Thanks Bill. My son had a great time hunting especially since this was his first deer kill. My wife and I are driving him back to college today (he's a Bio-Chemistry (Pre Medicine) major in the Honors Program at Ohio State University (Columbus).

Hey, anyone still shooting their bows. I'm moving to AZ so I can shoot more often. Hope this thread keeps up.

Mike N.

sure i sling arrows quite often, im shooting a mathews z7 magnum now very nice rig

Bill,

Just did a little research on the Swhacker. Looks interesting. I used to shoot fix blades. Lost some deer with them. Lot better luck with Rage. I'll give Swhacker a look. I drove myself nuts for awhile changing broadheads.
Do the Swhackers shoot like a fieldpoint?

Mike N.

Heres a fishing and hunting buddy of mine ,And his Ohio Big buck wall hanger this year,He aswell shoots a Mathews Z7

GREEN SCORED 172 4/8" POPE & YOUNG

IMG_20121028_091101.jpg

IMG_20121028_091043.jpg

Last edited:
nice buck. i have a buddy that is going out to Ohio on thursday for his annual hunting trip.

I love shooting my bow, I dont have any good pictures right now, but I will post some in a few days

I shoot a reflex growler compound with PSE predator arrows with 55# pull
an old bear kodiak magnum 48 recurve with 45# pull
an old pearson andan old mustang recurves.

i'll have to get some pictures for yall, i love the old bows when I can get a good deal on them

I love archery but I haven't done any in very many years. I was on the archery team in college, using bows without wheels on them, NAA or FITA rules. We used to shoot 40-80 arrows almost every day. Back then the best target bow was the Hoyt Takedown II and I still have mine. I bought a compound and got into field archery using NFAA rules. This was one of my favorite sports, I can't really explain why I got out of it but to do it well it took a lot of time. I never was interested in hunting with a bow though.

Went out last night.Was windy 25 mph with gust to 40 mph.Saw 5 does.The 5th one gave me a broadside shot.Double lunged her and watched her drop.That is 2 deer in the freezer this year.Have one more tag.going to try and tag out before gun season starts!

went out last night.was windy 25 mph with gust to 40 mph.saw 5 does.the 5th one gave me a broadside shot.double lunged her and watched her drop.that is 2 deer in the freezer this year.have one more tag.going to try and tag out before gun season starts!

i hear that brother i just smoked a couple myself, people better be learning to live off the land,instead of living in and out of the stores,i feel everything is gonna have a scary price tag before long

Thats a good deer.
Finally I am going to hunt in Ohio for the first time in about 15 years. My brother has a nice 400 acre lease up in pierpont. Going up on the 29th of november. I will have to put down my rifle for this one I guess.....

Hello, Just found this thread. Bowhunting junkie myself. Shooting a mathews helium last year. Kind of a poor year for me.We got hit pretty hard with EHD. Found three deer on my small place and others neighboring 4 or 5. Got a nice size spike early. Decided he needed removed. Hit a nice doe some time later and was a poor quartering away shot. Very disappointed i did not recover. Passed on some other small bucks. No big ones seen except on opening day. This season is over for me but i am getting excited for next already. I purchased a book Idiot proof archery. Good read. I will be trying to improve my shot sequence so its automatic when the deer shows up. Its based on a back tension release. Ready to get out and do some shed hunting next month. Also would like to get all my stand prep done early in the spring so i can do nothing but shoot till season starts.
Doug

Back