Here is a real old one G.P. Busse Field Grade

jrgannon

Gold Member
I have owned a few Busse Kin over the years but had to jump on this one when i had a chance to buy it. Hope you all enjoy the pics and would be interested in any comments on age, how many like this were made, etc. Thanks and have a great day

JAuruwe.jpg

LlntIzh.jpg

O8uuhvr.jpg

5TPv4H8.jpg

dbiqJSn.jpg

Very nice. I doubt I’ve even seen one of those. Anywhere. Before they had model names. Again, very nice.

:eek::D very sweet blade, appreciate you sharing it!

Id guess its over 20 years old? but tbh Im clueless about it :confused:. Im not sure what branding was like in the 90s or if this could be one of Jerrys customs

I do not think it has an actual model name. From the little research i was able to do it appears these were hand made by Jerry Busse prior to launching Busse Combat. I found a similar looking knife without the black coating on the blade that had been sold on the knifehunter.com website. I also found a couple pics of other style knives also marked G.P. Busse Field Grade.

I do not think it has an actual model name. From the little research i was able to do it appears these were hand made by Jerry Busse prior to launching Busse Combat. I found a similar looking knife without the black coating on the blade that had been sold on the knifehunter.com website. I also found a couple pics of other style knives also marked G.P. Busse Field Grade.
Think Jerry just called them survival knives back then. Nice score :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I
I have owned a few Busse Kin over the years but had to jump on this one when i had a chance to buy it. Hope you all enjoy the pics and would be interested in any comments on age, how many like this were made, etc. Thanks and have a great day

JAuruwe.jpg

LlntIzh.jpg

O8uuhvr.jpg

5TPv4H8.jpg

dbiqJSn.jpg
I watched this on ebay about a week ago before it sold if this is the one. Couldn't find any info on it . Nice score

Does anyone know if the G.P. Busse knives were all one-offs or where there recurring models?

I seem to recall an old story of Jerry taking a load of knives down to Ft. Bragg one weekend and selling out. Might have been something like this?

Last edited:
Back