Here we go again, Surgery set for approx 1:00 p.m. Wenesday 16th.

Thanks for the update Nasty. Continued prayers for all my brothers and sisters here.

Steve

I just got off the phone with Yvsa...he sounds great.

They ended up not only fusing (I think) L1-L4, but also L5, which had broken loose. No wonder he was in such pain. We only talked for a few minutes until his nurse came in, but I will be calling back at 6:15.

He sends his thanks for the smoke and prayers...says they have all been received and are working.

More as I get it...

Yuh nSuh and I went deer hunting today. I carried the gun and did the walking, but the deer was to be his. This was our plan.

It was nine degrees above zero this morning. Yvsa picks lousy days to go deer hunting.

We "walk hunt" and spent the dawn-thirty and beyond time looking for places where the deer might be lying up to find shelter from the wind and cold.

The drenching rain, then high winds, then precipitous drop in temperatures had most the oak leaves off the trees, and frozen so that they were making a noise like we were walking on potato chips. The plowed ground was like walking on concrete chunks.

No deer was as stupid as we were. They were all in their travel-homes and solar-heated geodesic domes.

Also, I think I figured out a flaw in our plan. Today went exactly as it should have, based on our description.

Next time, we go deer FINDING.

Great news on the surgery. In my heart, I knew he was going to be fine.

Nice to have his well-being as the four thousandth post subject.

Yvsa, I remembered you and your granddaughter in ceremony last night. I prayed hard for you both. hang in there.

He was in fine spirit and joking when I called back. Barbie answered and sounded like a 30 year old, with the tension out of her voice.

We talked about the surgery and his anticipated release on Sunday or Monday depending on his good behavior.

We also spent some time talking about knives and steel (we both have a toolmaking background remember) and different heat treatment processes. We also discussed grinders...and the vast difference between my little Delta and a serious 2x72 setup. I got spoiled working on the grinders at Bark River when I visited there and made a knife...he wanted to hear about that too.

He did complain about the tiny TV in his room...so if anyone has a 52" job they don't mind delivering to the hospital for a couple of days...

In all...a very nice bit of conversation. I am to call back tonight when I get home from work...I think I am part of his entertainment schedule. :)

I will, of course, report as I get it.

ps: Kis...I see that I am right behind you. What have I had worth saying in al of those posts anyway?

Nasty?

You've been saying things that have made you a part of my life. Thanks.

(By the way, with the complexity of the CWD deer-hunting regulations and zones in Wisconsin, it turns out that Yvsa and I were out deer poaching yesterday. I'm blaming him, he's on drugs.)

That reminds me of Calif; the complexity and interlapping of various codes and regulations require a GPS unit to pinpoint your exact position while hunting to stay legal.

munk

munk said:
That reminds me of Calif; the complexity and interlapping of various codes and regulations require a GPS unit to pinpoint your exact position while hunting to stay legal.

A friend got an elk this year. I know him to be a man who is not exactly reliable in his adherance to the regulations. I asked if he'd poached it or not.

According to him, he had not poached the elk. He'd been forced to drag it several hundred yards into the legal area, though, and he'd had to punch a buddy's tag to claim it. But he hadn't poached it, according to him. :)

As he put it: "Well, if I'd had my tag and that elk had been a few hundred yards to the left, it all would've been good. So what's the difference?" Indeed.

I'm very glad to hear that things went well for you, Yvsa, but I had a feeling that they would.

I just got off the phone with Yvsa...Kis...he enjoyed your deer poaching story! All is well...had a bit too much morphine this morning and his O2 level dropped to 89 from his normal 95+. They adjusted things and it's back where it belongs now. He said he had a rough ride to xray...so if complaining is a good sign (I believe it is), he is doing well. Yvsa had dried beef for supper...guess that hospital cuisine is supposed to motivate you to leave. Barbie still sounds chipper...she's a trooper...a wonderful lady.

That's about all...more as I get it.

Sounds good. Did you say Sunday or Monday? Maybe soon he'll be dragging the elk over a few hundred yards.

Andy

Let's see...

Small TV. No internet. Bad food.

He'll be out tomorrow.

Tx for updates, Nasty.

Ad Astra :thumbup:

Still wishing him a swift and complete recovery.

Wow...not that I spend a whole lot of time around here, but...it seems kinda wierd here without 'im, huh?

SOrry for not posting last night...head cold is whuppin' my butt and I couldn't get through until it was late and then I crashed right after te call.

Yvsa had a blood pressure drop they had to attend to...he thinks it's an electrolite issue, was back to normal by the time I spoke to him. I'll be calling again tonight and will let you know how things are today.

Back