Here we go again

Invoice

Gold Member
Sorting through the collection today. Opened a box just to check. Here is what I found. I think this is the fourth Queen knife with a broken spring. Yikes! It was a beautiful knife.
26B6A494-96C7-4A25-A9ED-0BD2C7063E07.jpeg

63363783-1CD9-4C1D-803F-61B0DC45F68F.jpeg

Four knives that you know of? Or four Queen knives that you've owned with broken springs?

:eek:

The only Queen I ever bought new blew up in my face. Well, one spring went ping in my pocket and the other across the room on a dresser. Tempered too hard, is my guess. Both springs went when the knife was closed. It hadn't been used at all (too pretty).

The only Queen I ever bought new blew up in my face. Well, one spring went ping in my pocket and the other across the room on a dresser. Tempered too hard, is my guess. Both springs went when the knife was closed. It hadn't been used at all (too pretty).

Yikes. Sounds scary...

I have heard about this happening on several Mountain Man knives, not others though.

Russell

That is a nice looking knife , sad that it self destructed:( Four Queens for you now, that is a highly unlikely string of bad luck there.

Bringing this thread up again.
Just checking on some of my knives. I have 5 or six Queen DB Barlows. One was found to have a broken back spring. Just found another. 2 in all plus another Queen Barlow with a broken spring. Must have been a real bad batch of springs.

I have the exact same knife that the OP posted. So far the spring is intact...cross my fingers.

*Edit*
waynorth waynorth , lol, how did you know? :D

Back