HEST Folder - photos in hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the first production OD green HEST folders have "First Production" on the top of the blade as one picture showed?

Will they be serialized as well?

As I understand it,

-only the 250 Limited Edition knives, which are comprised of black sterile and Mr DP versions, will have any markings on the spine of the blade (e.g. " ### FIRST RUN ").

- production run knives that have olive drab g10 will probably have the RYP signature and the DPx Gear logo on the sides of the blade.

The pics on the DPx Gear site were only pre-production renderings (done by Tomso I think). The pics here in a couple threads of this forum are more representative of the finished product. I don't think that I've seen anything that says "First Production".

Last edited:
Gotcha, I just got a chuckle out of it. :thumbup: ... :)

If you take off your cheerleader skirt and realize this knife is at least 30 days behind schedule you will realize people are upset about that.:thumbup:

Right from the first on the esse site the order was screwed up then the actualize ordering was screwed up now the knife is way off track and some of you cheerleaders cant realize people are upset about this.......:thumbup:

when you take an order and say you are gonna produce something you should keep to your time line:thumbup:
Most don't have the ware with all to speak up..........:thumbup:

I know a lot of people are talking to the knife dealers and they are upset with this whole process.....:thumbup:

we will be lucky to see this knife before Feb and that is what needs to be said and it is not being said ........:thumbup:
The truth............:thumbup:
Flame away cheerleaders........:thumbup:

If you take off your cheerleader skirt and realize this knife is at least 30 days behind schedule you will realize people are upset about that.:thumbup:

Right from the first on the esse site the order was screwed up then the actualize ordering was screwed up now the knife is way off track and some of you cheerleaders cant realize people are upset about this.......:thumbup:

when you take an order and say you are gonna produce something you should keep to your time line:thumbup:

I know a lot of people are talking to the knife dealers and they are upset with this whole process.....:thumbup:

we will be lucky to see this knife before Feb and that is what needs to be said and it is not being said ........:thumbup:

Wow, I'm sure this will bring some folks out of the woodwork!

The truth.

the truth is you dont realize shit happens.......... :thumbup:
not everything goes according to plan.............. :thumbup:
if so many people are pissed about the knife facing some delays, cancel the order.............. :thumbup:
I'm sure RYP would be more than happy to vote them off the island............:thumbup:

its not like RYP and DPX has been keeping everything quiet, and not telling us anything. He has been openly answering any questions that he can, and is giving us as much info as possible.

Think its time to vote another one off the island??:thumbup:

The truth is I realize shit happens...It just keeps happening with this knife..
Some have canceled the order........
.No one is voting me off the island ...unless you want to go for a swim..........
It is just disingenuous to keep up the cheerleader performance.........The knife is late.
That is the truth................

The truth.
Cancel your order, if you have an order. Your problem will be solved.

Continued whining about it being "late" [according to you] is not gonna change anything. It simply serves to make you appear a fool... which I am almost certain you are not.

Gotta go now and take my "cheerleader skirt" off and put on my "Big Boy Pants", you take care and be safe.

truthfully i understand his frustration, its mostly just because most of us are really excited to get the knife. waiting is not my best thing.

take it easy
cricket

Cancel your order, if you have an order. Your problem will be solved.

Continued whining about it being "late" [according to you] is not gonna change anything. It simply serves to make you appear a fool... which I am almost certain you are not.

Gotta go now and take my "cheerleader skirt" off and put on my "Big Boy Pants", you take care and be safe.

:thumbup: except im leaving my cheerleader skirt on, i like the feeling the breeze gives me :eek:

im sure alot of us are frustrated its running a little behind. Things happen. Not EVERYTHING will go how YOU want it. Its part of life..

truthfully, i killed this 300lb hog about two months ago and am waiting to clean it until i get my new HEST/F. I also have a least three people that need a good stabbin, which i also will need my HEST/F for, these are things that i told myself i would do before the new year...2011 is not starting off well.

i would be lying if i said i wasnt frustrated. but getting mad about it isnt going to accomplish anything.

That is funny, Some of us seen it as a contract......

you need to work on your reading comprehension, because you missed the footnote on your "contract" that said the following-

LEGAL

Please contact your local dealer to reserve your DPx HEST/F
Product is expected to be stocked by December 10

Note: Product shown are pre-production artist and engineering renderings.
Final product and specifications subject to change without prior notice.
DPx GEAR, DPx HEST, and Lion Steel are trademarked to their prospective owners.

FYI, a date would be considered a "specification". and like it says, "subject to change". :rolleyes:

so, quit whining like a little girl. if you ordered a LE version and want your money back, email RYP and ask for it back. if you pre-ordered a production version, contact the vendor and cancel the order. if you didn't order one and you're just bitching, STFU!

i'm sure everyone wants their knives... most of us have other shit to worry about, so roll with it baby. bitching won't make it get here any faster. :p

truthfully i understand his frustration, its mostly just because most of us are really excited to get the knife. waiting is not my best thing.

take it easy
cricket
Truthfully.... I understand the frustration also. Both customers and manufactures, cause each have frustrations.

But I also understand that stuff happens and many, if not most times; things take longer than anticipated.... in any manufacturing process as well as other venues.

Whining like a girl child is not going to change the frustrations of either party and only serves to sew discord..... nothing more, nothing less.

IF the project was several months overdue, that might be different. But a few days... give me a break...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I understand both sides. It is frustrating, but being negative about the situation doesn't do anything. Just gotta be understanding of the situation. I have complete faith that this folder is going to be the beeeeeezz neeeezz. Do I wish i had one today? No F'n doubt. Do I want my folder to be rushed, and not be everything I expected? Hell no! Do I want my folder to be rushed and miss the opportunity for over the top goodies to come with my folder? Hell no! So I will patiently wait, and keep my eyes glued to the DPx forums.

:thumbup: except im leaving my cheerleader skirt on, i like the feeling the breeze gives me :eek:
Yeah I know, I like that breeze too. I'll be right back in mine after I get through cutting down a couple of trees. I was afraid my skirt would get caught in the chain saw. ;) ..
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back