HEST pry-tip is GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you come across a situation where you need a pry bar, just use the tip of the knife. When it breaks, send it in and they will send you a new one, no questions asked.:thumbup:

'cause the warranty's there to be abused

If you come across a situation where you need a pry bar, just use the tip of the knife. When it breaks, send it in and they will send you a new one, no questions asked.:thumbup:

I sincerely hope you are kidding.

I'll refrain from posting what my opinion is in assumption that you aren't kidding.

I'll get some pics up in the morning. The wife is out of town and has the only working camera at the moment. As for the carry method, I typically just carry the HEST in the right front pocket. However, I noticed that normal movement would drive the pry-tip into my pocket lining material and create some issue with being able to smoothly withdraw it. Also, as I stated, I only ground the very tip of the point off, maybe an 1/8" or so, leaving plenty for a sure grip.
I don't need all the 'frills' this piece offered so I'll mod it to get it where I want it. I bought this piece because the handle is actually longer and more comfortable than my ESEE 3, and not necessarily for its' other design elements. As they say 'different strokes for...'

i'm surprised someone hasn't sharpened up the prybar, cuz that would be cool!!! :p:p:p:p:p:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bladite

I don't have HEST but I will get one if I can remove it myself. Pic please...........

real piece of work...

if you find yourself needing to pry something open in the future, you're gonna kick yourself in the butt...

So you're suggesting that he misuse his knife so that when he eventually breaks it he can get a new one?

I guess you missed the thread on warranty abuse.

I sincerely hope you are kidding.

I'll refrain from posting what my opinion is in assumption that you aren't kidding.

This must be my lucky day.....but just to set your minds at ease.....yes, that was meant to be a joke. .....I guess I should have used a smilie to help you get it, but last time I used the appropriate one I got a warning....

Not a modification I will be considering for my H.E.S.T. Ive never had a problem with the pry digging in or damaging anything, (and Ive probably carried it for over 200 miles in total whilst hiking)
The only change I made was reversing the grips, which suited me better.

For me, removing the extras on a H.E.S.T. would be like having a SAK and taking off all the tools you rarely use, just leaving the blade??

But if you feel more comfortable, then its a good change for yours.

P

i use the prybar alot around the ranch. much easier to get fence staples out and to twist wire with. i wouldn't pry with the tip because thats the part i cut stuff with i dont want to mess it up and if i did it would be my fault not esee's it would be too humiliating for me to send it in for something that stupid. thats where the correct tool comes in.

ymmv
cricket

I am crazy about my HEST - I really dig it.

The only issue I have at all is the wire breaker. It works well, it just threatens to bite! :)

I was lukewarm on the prybar until I saw the pass-around thread. I got it and figured I could get rid of the prybar if I really needed to. No way - too much potential in that little point in the event it's the only tool I have on my person.

Do what you will, but I suggest to those who don't *think* they'll like it: don't knock it until you've tried it.

I've found a million uses for the prybar over the last year. To each his own, however.

ew. Dude, I've broken a few of their knives, doing chores and f*cking around, totally my own crazy doing, was curious how they held up...embarrassed to even say lol. But this is exactly why I kind of don't like their warranty, cause some person would go and do a sh*tty thing like screw up a perfectly good knife, change their mind later and try to exchange it. Nothing for something, and the good guys at Esee are out the material money and effort.

No offense youre a Gold Member, I'm just so average joe. But thats something really D I C K to say, moderators ban me for saying it for a while or reprimand me, but its true. Esee in simple use and observation has changed my life. So much so when I can spare the $ I buy and give as gifts. I love their quality, their dedication to service and standing behind their product. This really boils my blood. :\ I hope you were joking man...

I didn't remove the pry bar from mine but I did modify it. Still works great for me and doesn't hang up anywhere...plus less "printing"

The other morning I stopped by to talk with the gang at RMJ. While I was there I played around with a belt grinder and an end mill a little and modified the pry bar on one of my HESTs a bit. I got a little more carried away than I meant to but...it works like I wanted it to now.

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0760.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

ew. Dude, I've broken a few of their knives, doing chores and f*cking around, totally my own crazy doing, was curious how they held up...embarrassed to even say lol. But this is exactly why I kind of don't like their warranty, cause some person would go and do a sh*tty thing like screw up a perfectly good knife, change their mind later and try to exchange it. Nothing for something, and the good guys at Esee are out the material money and effort.

No offense youre a Gold Member, I'm just so average joe. But thats something really D I C K to say, moderators ban me for saying it for a while or reprimand me, but its true. Esee in simple use and observation has changed my life. So much so when I can spare the $ I buy and give as gifts. I love their quality, their dedication to service and standing behind their product. This really boils my blood. :\ I hope you were joking man...

If you read the whole thread you'll see that 5 posts above the one you just posted, he said he was joking.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back