Hex key in wallet.

pvicenzi

Gold Member
Anyone else keep a CRK hex key in their wallet? I have so many that I figure I might as well keep one in my wallet. Just in case. Been there for years but so far, I have not used it.

ULABijH.jpg

I don't keep one physically on me, I do have one in my "BOB" that is always in the car or with me if I'm out and about.

I keep it more in case of loose screws than anything. I figure any major cleaning/adjustment can wait until I get home. While I have had issues with loose screws on other knives, my Sebenzas seem immune to the problem. This will likely change with my 31's though. They seem somewhat prone to loosening screws.

......... This will likely change with my 31's though. They seem somewhat prone to loosening screws.

Have you tried doing a DEEP clean on the screws / posts? I find that if something is consistently coming loose, more then likely something is in the threads. I'll spray both the screws and posts with rubbing alcohol and clean with a Q-Tip and rag. Let them airdry for a little bit and re-assemble. Should hopefully solve your issue.

Have you tried doing a DEEP clean on the screws / posts? I find that if something is consistently coming loose, more then likely something is in the threads. I'll spray both the screws and posts with rubbing alcohol and clean with a Q-Tip and rag. Let them airdry for a little bit and re-assemble. Should hopefully solve your issue.
I personally have not had a problem. Mine came locktighted. I was referring to what others have posted.

Back