Hey guys thanks for stopping in and veiwing our new forum ,stop in ,say hi!

Hi Backwoods and fans, I've been looking for a good knife for bushcraft recently and saw a bunch of them from Backwoods up in the for sale forums.

They all looked fantastic.

I've wanted to support a custom maker on the forums for a while. I think I may have to do it here :thumbup:
I'll admit I've done zero research about the order process, any backlogs or waiting lists, or anything :p but I'll pick it up gradually I suppose. I am a little confused with what I see at http://www.backwoodscustomknives.com/, though. If you need a Web site, I am willing to help out and do it for free. Just PM me and we can talk!

Till then, I'll be keeping my eyes on the For Sale forums!

I actually had some money in the budget this time when Bill put some work up for sale! Finally able to enjoy the privilege of carrying the work of Bill Akers on my hip; the first of what I assume will be many.

Found your knives from the esee forum and came here to see more of your work. It's exceptional.

My first post on this forum.

Been eyeballing the knives on the picture thread for the past hours... gotta stop... I drooled too much..

I wonder, ever sent one of these beauties to Indonesia?

ive got them all over the world friend and indo is one place i have sent several

Good to know that Bill!

Gotta make up my mind on what I want first, coz I can't have 'em all :(

But, definitely will place an order, soon! ;)

Hey all

I'm a bushcraft and primitive wilderness skills guy, with a love of knives.

I stumbled on this forum by accident, but after looking at knives from both these makers, I can honestly say that I have never seen more stunning bushcraft knives.

I find Chris's work especially beautiful, and look forward to owning a blade by him in the near future (I'll have the money by May). In the mean time, I can only dream of the day when I will have my own.

Ironwood

Hi Guys,
Never posted here, but I have visited to view the pics of the gorgeous knives posted here in the past. I usually frequent the Buck forums. When I had my Z7 Magnum posted for sale on the internet, and Bill replied to it, I knew exactly who it was. I was even more excited when he offered to trade one of his knives towards it. I couldn't possibly say no. :)
It is absolutely beautiful, the fit/finish and craftsmanship is absolutely top notch. My only problem is its too pretty to use. :D Now, I need to find another model for a user... ;) Thank you Bill, it is a wonderful knife! Here she is:

Thought Id kick this one up for you guys. Ive been visiting your guys subforum a little here and there thought I should officially introduce myself, Im Todd Hunt of TMHunt custom knives. Im a part time maker, I havnt had the pleasure of meeting Bill but I have handled a couple of his knives at various events. Some great pieces. I have met Chris and Mr. Tackett. great guys, doing some great knife work. Some people I really feel like I can relate to. Ive said it before and I mean it, we just gotta make it happen, but look forward to hangin out with you guys and even doing some collab work in the future! Bill, Id still like to take you up on your offer sometime to chew the fat with you and get some of that business advice we talked about. great stuff going on here guys. keep it up!

Just purchased by first Backwoods custom (Brute Recurve). Always been a sucker for highly figured wood, but mostly on 1911 grips.

Sure hope you guys don't make kitchen knives. More importantly, sure hope my wife doesn't find out if you do.

Found a new place to stalk your knife pics! :D Awesome work as usual, Bill. Looking forward to the day I can start my addiction!

Back