Hey KA-BAR Family! (Giveaway Inside)

Hey Guys!

I haven't had time to post in here in quite a long time. If you haven't been following KA-BAR or Jarosz Knives on social media, you might not know that this year has been pretty hectic as I moved to Montana. We just arrived in September and my shop is finally back up and running. I am pretty excited to get things rolling again now that life is back to normal and that also means more time for posting here and making videos and whatnot.

So I have an opportunity today for you guys to score a brand new KA-BAR Choppa! All you have to do to enter the Giveaway is share an idea you would like to see in a video, pictures, or even a text post here in the forums. This can be knife maintenance advice, knife making tips, bushcraft, or not even knife related at all! If there is some content you'd like to see out there, let me know! I really want to get back in to making lots of awesome content for you guys.

Take a look at the Choppa here: https://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/277

1 entry per person (though you can make multiple suggestions in a single post if you'd like)
Winner will be selected via random generator
Giveaway will end this weekend!

Thanks for your suggestions and best of luck!

Hi Jesse,

Wow. Very generous. I have a couple of suggestions.

Knife related:
  • Striping and putting a patina on a coated blade.
  • A video about your design process when considering a new knife.
  • Demonstrating common uses for a camp knives. The non baton'ing and less sensational but more common uses we have for them.
Non Knife specific ... but I think right up your alley from a few of your videos I've seen.
  • Putting together a minimalist backpacking / overnight kit. What you bring bring, use, and why?
Thanks for the opportunity and good to see you back here again.
--Steve

Last edited:
Use the choppa in a vid to build a simple lean to shelter, time it and ask for owners to beat the time and post their vids.

Very generous! Thanks for the chance!

I would be very interested in hearing about your knife designing process

Also how you come up with your knife inspiration

And what kind of tests do you put your knife/knives through before production

Thanks so much for the chance man!
James W.

Good to see you back around these parts Jesse. I’ve enjoyed your previous vids and posts.

Now that you’ve moved, you need to post overnighters in your new area. You could show or describe any natural edibles in your area that you’d be able to identify and harvest.

I would like to see you and Steve Johnson do a collaborative gathering a little closer to the middle of the country -- although I'm not against the idea of camping in Montana.
heat treating tips would be nice
a WIP on making a folder -- or drawings so those of us with access to tools could try our hand.

Sharpening you knife in the field would be a good tutorial.

Taking a knife from paper, to prototype, to testing, sheath design, production, marketing and final sale. From your perspective.

Thank you for your generosity. I would like to see a video on grind angles and uses and the techniques used to sharpen different blade shapes. Not for me of course!!! Its for other people who might want to learn such things:D

First thank you for a very generous chance. Welcome back Jesse , I'm still waiting to see your vid of the Choppa in action ;) Congrats on your move to Montana. If possible i would like you to make and share vids with your blades doing outdoor activities in the Beautiful State of Montana :thumbsup:

G`day from South Australia.
Thankyou very much for the chance Jesse,although postage to the "Great Southern Land" might be a big ask.
I would really like to see some videos or ideas on how to make a pair of matching left and right wooden knife scales.
Tried to make a set for my BK9 out of very hard local Jarra timber a while ago,with not much success.
There`s obviously a trick to it,that I haven`t worked out yet.............HA HA.
Cheers anyway.

P.S.
Love how my new Globetrotter feels in the hand,a really great knife design.

I'd like to see a video with a line up of your all your knife designs/models and explain what the best uses for each of them are, and how you came up with the design. On a side note, are any of your kabar boot knives in satin finish? If not I hope to see one that is in future. Thanks for the chance.

Make a video using the knife to fashion other tools one can use to thrive in the wilderness. Shelter and furniture building are aming my favorite demonstrations.
Frank

Thanks so much for the chance!!!

I'd love to see a vid that compares and contrasts the HT methods you use in your customs, to those on the much larger scale of Kabar manufacturing. HT is like a black art to a dimwit like me, and I'd love to get a behind the scenes look at it.

a video of freehanding and keeping straight a saber grind would be pretty cool. I know there are several ways to skin a cat, and I know many in here including myself struggle at the belt, tips from a pro are always welcome.

I too would like to see a video of heat treating, with maybe a comparison/contrast between a Rambler size and a Choppa. I find the process somewhat mystical, and then you add in thermocycling and I need visual aids.

Great suggestions, everyone! I'm going to let this run overnight and draw the winner in the morning. Don't be afraid if you are international! Everyone is included!

I'm in! Very generous!

I would like to see a video or series of images of larger sized knives in use in game processing.

Zieg

I'm in! I hope! :)

I would like to see videos of using your knives to do wilderness skills. I like wilderness skills as much as I like knives. :)

Shelter building, trap making, game processing and woodcraft for example.

I'd like to see a video with a line up of your all your knife designs/models and explain what the best uses for each of them are, and how you came up with the design. On a side note, are any of your kabar boot knives in satin finish? If not I hope to see one that is in future. Thanks for the chance.

Congratulations, Ulf Krogstad! You are the lucky winner of this GAW! I'll be sending a PM to you shortly asking for shipping information.

And to answer your question, we do have the Rambler in a satin finish which is more of a neck knife but it could be tucked into a boot for concealment.

Congrats to Ulf !!!! That was super generous of you, Jesse. Even though I wasn't the lucky one, I appreciate the opportunity.
--Steve

Back