HI Balance khukuri

Welcome Spen!
What do you want to know specifically?
It's a khukuri that balances....
Some people love this model because it's mass it directly center weighted, which makes it rather nimble for it's weight and size. Some people love them because it shows the kamis skill in making a khukuri that will do this.....

Ok, now I really have to have one:p
I'll be sharking hard for one;)

Are they fast and nimble for light brush like a sirupate? Are they more of a chopper? Are they more of an all around type of blade, good at fast and light as well as general chopping? That chiruwa style makes me think they would be very heavy duty, as well as the weights that I'm seeing these come in at. I'm guessing this is an all around blade that does well chopping.

And most important, do you have more for the DOTD today? Come on now, Karda, you've got a stack of these don't you? Doling them out one at a time.

Are they fast and nimble for light brush like a sirupate? Are they more of a chopper? Are they more of an all around type of blade, good at fast and light as well as general chopping? That chiruwa style makes me think they would be very heavy duty, as well as the weights that I'm seeing these come in at. I'm guessing this is an all around blade that does well chopping.

And most important, do you have more for the DOTD today? Come on now, Karda, you've got a stack of these don't you? Doling them out one at a time.

The smaller ones are very nimble like a siru, the larger one are wieldy, but very much built heavy duty as a chopper. They are not so forward weighted though.
Sorry, you will have to contact Auntie about these, the one I posted yesterday was the last one.

I'm just waiting for a balance khukuri with a curved spine... and have been for a while, missed the only one I have seen back in May.

Karda, so would you say that 16" 28oz yesterday was more of chopper?

I'm just watching weight and length, because without holding them it gets hard to figure out how they would handle.

I'm just watching weight and length, because without holding them it gets hard to figure out how they would handle.

The spine is 10.45mm. So it is very much a chopper. It will handle like a CAK with more neutral balance.

The upper spine is 10.45mm. So it is very much a chopper. It will handle like a CAK with more neutral balance.
Which means it will depend as much on velocity as mass, whereas the CAK's forward weighting allows the mass to assist.

Thanks karda for the information, would anyone who owns one like to share their thoughts and pictures of them.

here are some pics for ya. mine is a 16" oal, 35 oz! with a 5/16" spine, and i wouldnt want it any other way. i handles like a dream and the mass makes chopping a breeze, and yet it doesnt wear my skinny 140 lb butt out. it will do some brush clearing, but if that is your main tasking of it, i would pass and get a 20 inch latin machete, much easier with the longer reach. i can also do feathersticks, shelter building, make kindling, mine has even made a dakota hole! here is pics of the knife and spine.
2014-07-11154805_zps62f053d4.jpg

2014-07-11154917_zpsa91759c6.jpg

Oh My, I am loving this thing..... NO NO NO, im only buying ONE

Ahh ha ha ha ha!!! Gasp ...Ehhh ha ha he he ha! yeah right! Heard that one before!;)

"Im not buying any more Khukris..."
...till payday.
...while my wife is looking.
...unless its a really rare one.
...unless its from the new Kami.
...until two days before my wife's doc appt. (you have to stay home to accept delivery tho. or she will find it next day:( )
...im not buying any less either:thumbup:
...unless its a "gap" knife in my Bowie collection:D

Last edited:
Ahh ha ha ha ha!!! Gasp ...Ehhh ha ha he he ha! yeah right! Heard that one before!;)

"Im not buying any more Khukris..."
...till payday.
...while my wife is looking.
...unless its a really rare one.
...unless its from the new Kami.
...until two days before my wife's doc appt. (you have to stay home to accept delivery tho. or she will find it next day:( )
...im not buying any less either:thumbup:
...unless its a "gap" knife in my Bowie collection:D

Doesn't that just say it all?

I was only gonna get three, period. Howw many am I up to now? I think somewhere's around 23, I lost count after 15...lol

I sure like the looks ... what the price range?

This one by Kumar Kami was $200 as a DOTD. It's 17" OAL, 31 oz, with a 3/8" spine. It was one of the first Balance Khukuris made by Kumar since he returned to HI recently. Impeccably made and very comfortable.

The blade and handle shape are somewhat different from the two pictured above, but it does balance, thus earning the name. :)

View attachment 469714

View attachment 469715

Note the curved spine, another difference from the other knives pictured above. There seems to be a lot of variety in blades that are called Balance Khukuris.

Last edited:
Back