HI Bowie Gator Pants

Hey All,
Finished up a sheath for Eric. Actually did two for him. We had been talking back and fourth about doing on for his Bowie, his heart was set on gator, but we had to see if I had enough to cover the front with. Well once the blades got here and I measured I had enough to do it. As most of us know the HI Bowies are to say the least pretty stout!! Well we did a dangler style sheath with two leg tie downs, the dangler style lets the blade move with you, even without the leg tie downs used the blade flows with your movements. The gator is tough stuff to work with but I really like how it came out, it is a beast of a sheath, but it matches the brute it was made for. Hope y'all like it.
4SMTMVE.jpg

o6ZbVp5.jpg

SvpSAVK.jpg

VeSMF3J.jpg

It is perfect! I will post a picture of me wearing it when I get a chance. This is by far my favorite and most comfortable sheath for one of my favorite and most used blades. I love my HI Bowie and the Gator Pants are just what it needed. I pretty much take it wherever I go. Thanks again Pugs!

Holy Moly!!! Would ya look at that! Dang Pugs! Dont tell me that was your buddy that hangs out near your driveway:) Boy aint that slick! Grats Eric! You did good. What did you do to patina the blade? Is it bluing? Looks great with that sheath.

Thank you fellas, Ndog lol I wish it was, but it was his cousin. Have a hide a friend gave me to see if I could use it. Bookie you crack me up and thank you.

Holy Moly!!! Would ya look at that! Dang Pugs! Dont tell me that was your buddy that hangs out near your driveway:) Boy aint that slick! Grats Eric! You did good. What did you do to patina the blade? Is it bluing? Looks great with that sheath.
Thanks nDog. Yes, I blued the blade because it was already getting some patina from all the food I cut with it. It was all black and pretty after bluing it but I use this one quite a bit. I agree, the sheath and knife look great together. They are both good friends of mine.

I like the wear pattern on it just like it is. Makes it look like grandpa passed it on to ya! Good job on the bluing. I have a Siru 25" that looks like that but thats just because its that dirty from tree sap and is my daily user:D

Back