HI Christmas Kothimoda Katana

Ah! So your partly to blame for this thread coming back up too Steve!..More pics or history wouldnt hurt my feelings!

Regarding the sale of this katana, let's pin the "blame" on Rajkumar, and give credit where it's due. :)

Looking into the history, there was a "Christmas Tibetan Katana" made by Bura, the first of its kind, that was offered on 12/15/2008, and someone (unnamed) bought it using a stolen credit card, and Auntie was ripped off:

HI CHRISTMAS TIBETAN KATANA SWORD BY ROYAL KAMI BURA

WOW---UNIQUE---NEVER BEFORE OFFERED --THIS SWORD CAME IN TODAY'S SHIPMENT AND AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PICTURE IS TRULY A WORK OF ART TO ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION OR GIVE TO YOUR LOVED ONE FOR GIFT. I AM ESPECIALLY IMPRESSED WITH THE TIBETAN STYLE SCABBARD WHICH IS MADE OF WOOD, SILVER, TURQUOISE AND CORAL. ONE ONLY FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. POSTED BELOW IS A PICTURE AND THE SPECS. ENJOY!!!!

Overall length --36 1/4''
Weight -- 46 oz
Spine thickness -- 3/8''
Steel guard
The handle is made of US wange wood and silver
Silver bolster buttcap
Silver, turquoise and coral scabbard
Price $695.

On December 15, 2008, HIMALAYAN IMPORTS sold a HI CHRISTMAS TIBETAN KATANA
(Sword) to: person from Florida
Some days later we were contacted by BANK and informed that the VISA credit card number that he gave for the purchase of this item was "STOLEN", and the money would have to be returned back to VISA CARD.
We have "proof" that the Package was received at the BRADENTON,Florida address(confirmation from USPS).We have tried to contact the persn via the phone number and email address with NO LUCK at ALL!
Cheif, can you please make an suggestion on what to do! I do not expect the Custom made HI CHRISTMAS TIBETAN KATANA returned to HI (that would be fantastic), but is it possible for person to be prosecuted for "THEFT"!

The sword was tracked down and returned by postal inspectors, then raffled off by Auntie to buy a generator for the kamis:

Stolen Katana Returned

I am happy to announce that the high dollar Katana Sword, that was purchased from me during
the Christmas sales with a stolen credit card, was returned a few days ago.

The Postal Inspector and friend from Nevada tracked the thief down and sent my Katana Sword
back to me. I never heard what
happened to the thief, but it doesn't matter. I am happy that my sword
is back home with me.

To celebrate its return to me and to help the Kamis get a generator, I
am going to hold a raffle for this very
valuable sword...

The winner of this sword was... Berkley! His photos show that it is not exactly the same design as Bawanna's and Ndog's:

Thank you to all for the good wishes. I truly wish each of you could share in the experience, but will try to write a bit of my thoughts.
The mailman dropped off the regular bills and junk, and told my wife that he would have a package I needed to sign for. (Oh, boy, I know what that is.)
Then he disappeared on his rounds for an hour.:grumpy:
Finally he returned, staggering up the walk - not with the customary triangular box, but a big square one, a foot on each side and almost as tall as he was (OhBoyOhBoy, scribble name, wrestle the box inside). Big letters: "Please be careful-FRAGILE" (OhBoyOhBoy). Box is taped and GLUED SHUT (Aaargh!). Okay, two triangular boxes inside three flat triangular boxes inside the big box (Puff, pant). BIG newspaper wrapped package with lots of tape (slice, tear). A foam sword bag fastened with half a dozen strips of fabric tied with bows (I think this may be it...)..................:D
2cf86cl.jpg

To Yangdu and all who crafted this beautiful sword, to the postal inspector who saved it, to all the forum friends who chipped in for a chance and helped make life a little easier for the kamis - Thank you. I'll try to take care of it for you all, in honor of Uncle Bill.
2gxikc5.jpg

2epukoj.jpg

FastForward to 6/11/2012, when Auntie offered a Kothimoda Katana made by Rajkumar (the only one she had at the time):

I have a special sword for one of you lucky fathers. Right now I only
have one, so it will be first come, first served!

Rajkumar, the Prince Kami, made this Kothimoda Katana Sword and
the silver sheath that goes with it for an early Father's Day Special
for you HI forumites. The sheath is made of silver and a mix of nickle
silver to harden the sheath and protect it from damage. He decorated
it with coral and turquoise to make it even more beautiful.

Rajkumar takes a tremendous amount of time to make his beautiful
swords and knives and continues to surprise me with his talent. He
also make fine jewelry from gold and silver.

One of you will have a superior Father's Day gift handmade by a
very talented craftsman.

HI KOTHIMODA KATANA BY RAJKUMAR THE (PRINCE0

Overall length --36 1/4''
Weight --44 oz
Spine thickness --1/4''
Brass bolster and buttcap
Beautifully done scabbard
Satisal wood handle with double heart shape bone inlayed on both sides
An eligent father's day gift for you or your father at $795.00

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

This was not marked as being sold, and I'm guessing that this is the same sword that was raffled off (posted 8/9/12) which Bawanna won (identical specs, didn't compare the photos):

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/981578-H-I-Kothimoda-Katana-Raffle-for-8-9

More speculation is that Auntie eventually received a second Kothimoda Katana from Rajkumar, which is the one that Ndog bought. If correct, then Bawanna and Ndog have the twins made by Rajkumar, and the only other one similar is the Bura version that Berkley won.

Awww! Man...Thats gorgeous! Look at the palm swell and the curves! That figures you would have one Berk! I did think of you! OK Texas 2 Washington 1. I dont know if I could ever scratch that blade? These should be in a registry or something:cool: That must be something to watch when the Kami is hardening that much steel when only 1/4". The Japanese use clay and quench the entire blade at once but water quenching over two feet of steel like that has got to require some serious talent. Truely amazing.

Well! Thats some history! Thats one of a kind Berkley! It couldnt be in a better place! I didnt realize they were so rare! We dont need no stinkin registry:D Theres only three of them and we know where they all are. That silver is beyond any words I know! Thanks for the history of these.
Ok I blame Rajkumar! and Arjun!

Last edited:
I was curious, I had that pegged as a Bura the minute I saw it. That's worth a double wow right there.

Those are so beautiful. SHould another ever become available I just might have to risk the "Spouse Wrath" and buy it if I can get to it first. Though I am fortunate that in my case the worst that would happen is that I lose the battle and hubby claims it for his own instead. Still it would be on a wall where I could take it down when he isn't looking and drool all over it so would be worth it.

that is some very cool history on those three blades, congrats to everyone who is lucky enough to own one of these near unique items! HI is the best

I picked up a four foot long box today and it aint triangular? Hmmmm? Now I gotta stare at it all day till I get off work! No fun. Starting to feel green around the gills! Maybe I should go tell the boss?

For sure go tell the boss. Have him help you open it. You'll both be knocked over. You ain't gonna make it all day without opening it.

When triangle boxes arrive here at work people gather to see what treasure comes from within. Even though they are mostly violets, they still like shiney stuff.

LoL you KNOW you won't make it all day. I can hear the sweat breaking out on your forehead from here. I agree with Bawanna, invite the boss to the grand opening. Bet you have to give him the url shortly there after. Well unless he is totally liberal "think of the kids" type of blade-phobic.

Shavru they are all khuriphobic! I got an arse chewin this morning for being late to work cause I had to go pick it up so I better not leave before the boss. Sad thing is they are all tea party and Republican and morbidly afraid of anything sharp. They freek out when I whup out the micro AKB! One more hour and im outta here outta here outta here!
LoL you KNOW you won't make it all day. I can hear the sweat breaking out on your forehead from here. I agree with Bawanna, invite the boss to the grand opening. Bet you have to give him the url shortly there after. Well unless he is totally liberal "think of the kids" type of blade-phobic.

Last edited:
Kuriphobic! that is the saddest thing I have ever heard. How in the world can anyone be a respectable tea-partier and be afraid of a cute thing like a micro AKB?? that is like a liberal who loves guns...something I had heard existed but believed in less than Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.

We should create a 12 step program to cure the poor bastards so they can learn to enjoy their lives more with a faithful HI khukuri at their side.

You don't believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy?:eek: I think it's time to start seeing other people.

I fear there is not cure for the kukriphobics, they interbreed and multiply like rabbits. Maybe someday we'll come up with a cure like penicillin or something. Agent Orange. Its long overdue.

You reckon Ndog got took out by his missus when he go home? Figured he'd be posting by now. Maybe he's incapacitated.

I am guessing he is stunned senseless by the beauty. Can't type because he is in so much awe.

Or perhaps you are right and when Ms Doghouse saw what was in the box she used it on him.

Finally!.... Made it home and opened up a box of Whup. Gawd almighty......! Talk about blissed out! Im gonna go play with some steel folks. This is sooo Khul! Bawanna I think id build my chair around this blade then figure out how to make it roll:D Pics tomorrow! Im stumped at the moment:D

edit: Yep I had this post open for about an hour and cant put the blade down long enough to finnish my post. The balance is amazing! you could do some serious damage with this thing with just one hand! Then I put it back in the sheath and get caught up in them jewels! Wow! Just stunning amount of work!

I'm just glad your alive. I heard Mrs Ndog can be feisty. Figured you for a goner fer sure.

I'm just glad your alive. I heard Mrs Ndog can be feisty. Figured you for a goner fer sure.

She can be feisty! Your right about that! Shes pretty quiet lately tho. If I wasnt building her a new house it might be another story! I mean she made me up my life insurance as i fill up the new house with more weapons...Hmmm ..nahh... doubt that has anything to do with it:rolleyes:

fb271fee492b2c8df56954fb5f499d98

The unboxing! Weird rectangle box wrapped in Nepali newspaper dated Feb 2012. All Devanagari script. Practice for a later date.

440391db55be0e810e19c64ba3db55f0

8e4c43b349a239bf6810e14f203d212f

c386a56364d30b17167506ef089ca9f4

Look at all them jewels!

360cb9d43c724f6dcbb858fb8ff3e50f

8bfe995b6b863ad005b31b89f2902c59

whole lotta fine work right there!
81f4d86bb9c1a5dde11b2d4d0f979900
For the weight this blade sure is fast and agile! Cant wait to take it outside and play! Ill get some proper pic later when I can get some sunlight! Thanks Aunti and Rajkumar for a beautiful blade!

Look at how it glows. I can see how you would get mesmerized by it and not be able to put it down long enough to type LOL. beautiful but I just wanna say, I nailed it with my guess why he wasn't responding. The blade mesmerized him and left him a drooling slumped mess....sure, his wife might tell us that is his usual blank expression , but I am still saying that beauty of a blade is the reason he is that way.
Now get out there and enjoy...but don't hurt yourself

Last edited:
WOW what a rig, the scabbard is a work of art itself and that blade just stunning. I am amazed at how with the simplest tools they can do what they do, that scabbard had to take countless hours to make, you dont just use a press for the detail work. I envy you gents that have one, a true work of art, worthy of a fine place to display it. Enjoy it man

omg bawanna did you give away your gilded prize? beauty of a sword, congrats ndog

Back