HI Christmas Kothimoda Katana

Yep shavru you nailed it! Wish I could have brought it to work! Someone would b having to bail me out of the slammer tho!
Gehazi. I bought this one. It was unsold from Christmas time dotd. If I could have felt it in hand then it would have been mine then! I think my mission in life now is to see the one Bura made and my twin over there with Bawanna! This weekend will be fun!

great buy man, all HI are one of a kind, should fit right beside that wunderbar chitlangi pirate sword

Ha! Back when this was first offered (around Father's day) I told you somebody would buy it even though it wasn't a matched set. Of course, I got slammed for expressing my opinion, not surprising to me, but who has the last laugh now? Set or no set, this was two beautiful pieces of work and I KNEW it would get snatched up! Congrats to the lucky buyer!

You mean the Chitlangi Bowie or the Kothimoda? The Chit I snagged in the first few microseconds.
Ha! Back when this was first offered (around Father's day) I told you somebody would buy it even though it wasn't a matched set. Of course, I got slammed for expressing my opinion, not surprising to me, but who has the last laugh now? Set or no set, this was two beautiful pieces of work and I KNEW it would get snatched up! Congrats to the lucky buyer!

Wow I just realized the stolen Katana was originally sent to an address very close to me! :eek: I guess there are a few seedy areas around here. Promise it wasn't me :thumbup:

Shadow, that old Father's day Katana looks very slightly different than ndog's. The red and blue stones at the top of the scabbard are in different orders. Maybe it's the one Bawanna ended up with.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/963146-A-Father-s-Day-Special-For-You

I can say with certainty it is not mine therefore must be Bawannas. So far ive heard of only two Rajkumars and a Bura!

I was talking about the Kothimoda. If there is more than one of them with silver sheath and brass fittings on the actual sword well then that must be just how they do it. To my eye, it doesn't match but that's just me. I would rather see silver fittings with the silver sheath.

The first one made by Bura has silver bolster, pommel and sheath. Links to the info earlier in this thread thanks to Steve Tall:thumbup: Christmas Katana!...silver and gold is cool with me:cool:
I was talking about the Kothimoda. If there is more than one of them with silver sheath and brass fittings on the actual sword well then that must be just how they do it. To my eye, it doesn't match but that's just me. I would rather see silver fittings with the silver sheath.

I have a question about Kathimoda. I have always considered this style as Kathimora, and the usual uses is a Royal court piece, Bride grooms, and usually higher ranking regimental officer's retirement presents. Is Kathimoda a regional or special useage name? or is it something totally different than the Kathimora version that I am thinking it is the same as? or have I just always heard it wrong? I know Kathimoda must be right, I certainly am sure Auntie knows far more about it than this noob, but I would like to make sure I understand the right way so any help anyone can provide might help unconfuse me.

Back