Hi Fiddleback Family, New Team Member Here

Just wanted to reach out and introduce myself to everyone who participates regularly on the Fiddleback Forge Forrum. My name is John and I'm the newest team member here with Andy, Allen and the guys. I've known Andy for several years and am lucky enough to take part in creating his amazing knives and learn the craft. I'm looking forward to contributing to this thread as well.

John has been a friend of mine for 6 years now and I am very proud to have him aboard. Thanks for giving him a warm welcome. He just finished his first knife, and it is WAY better than the average apprentice's first. Definitely miles better than my first! I hope you'll join me in encouraging him in his learning!

Welcome to the Fiddleback Forge family... Look forward to seeing your skills progress as a knife maker.

Welcome John. I am among the many here who are looking forward to seeing your work and how it evolves while working at the shop.

John has been a friend of mine for 6 years now and I am very proud to have him aboard. Thanks for giving him a warm welcome. He just finished his first knife, and it is WAY better than the average apprentice's first. Definitely miles better than my first! I hope you'll join me in encouraging him in his learning!

Sounds very promising!

Welcome & good to have you on board with the rest of the team!!! Looking forward to seeing your work.

He just finished his first knife, and it is WAY better than the average apprentice's first. Definitely miles better than my first!

Pictures, pictures, pictures or it didn’t happen. :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and thanks Andy for the kind words. I'll see about posting some pics on here from time to time of what I have going on. I try to post on instagram pretty regularly
dragonfly_blade_works

Bummer, I don't do insta-book-face-twit. They seem to be anti everything I care about. So I don't support them.

Plus I'm old, cranky, live in the woods, and don't have the bandwith for a ton of internet. But even if I did. I wouldn't.

I couldn’t be more pleased with John’s Dragonflybladewrks Dragonflybladewrks paring knife. After handling one of these at the Blade Show, I ordered one from him directly. I’m glad I held out for this one! The fit and finish is good, and I love his signature pinout.

The blade is a great size and shape for paring, slicing, and chopping. I’ve also noticed that the entire length of the blade is usable, but in a way that doesn’t feel cumbersome - it’s basically effortless. Unless I’m cooking for a group, most of my food prep is done in small batches. John hit the mark with this one, and along with Kyle’s Lunchbox Chef’s Knife, I’ve got all the bases covered. Keep up the great work, John!

Prepped some quick snacks with it yesterday....

Back