Hi from Zakopane, Poland

Hi, I am Rastislav from Slovakia living in Zakopane Poland, a small mountain resort town just under the Tatra mountains. I love nature and outdoors, work as a landscape ecologist and I like to spend time out, taking some pics, fiddling with equipment and having fun.
I've recently discovered the Fiddleback Forge knives and got one already..the Camp, very nice, also have the Helle Dokka and few other ones.
Have too much outdoor equipment and also like to make great espresso at home :)
nice day to all!

Welcome, Rastislav! I'm drinking an espresso right now. Stick around and get to know the place.
Cheers and enjoy your 'spro :)
I've got a fairly common setup (as seen on various forums) of the Lelit MaraX and Niche Zero. But I'm also roasting my own in a modded Gene Café. Used the Portaspresso PG Air and Kinu M68 before.

Hi, I am Rastislav from Slovakia living in Zakopane Poland, a small mountain resort town just under the Tatra mountains. I love nature and outdoors, work as a landscape ecologist and I like to spend time out, taking some pics, fiddling with equipment and having fun.
I've recently discovered the Fiddleback Forge knives and got one already..the Camp, very nice, also have the Helle Dokka and few other ones.
Have too much outdoor equipment and also like to make great espresso at home :)
nice day to all!

That's like saying you have too many tools or knives. EEK! :D

Coffee is my daily vice, filtered pour over as of late, but have everything to brew different ways also.

Belated Welcome to the Blade Forums.

Thanks for the welcome!
Yeah you're right 555 555
Just need to make sure that I have room for all of that

Reactions: 555
Thanks for the welcome!
Yeah you're right 555 555
Just need to make sure that I have room for all of that

That is the constant in the Universe, since we don't have access to the vastness of Outer Space and are confined to Earth, finding a place for everything we are interested in and everything in it's place becomes more of an Art than a Science.

As I post my new set of Snowshoes and Poles are behind my office chair I'm sitting in. :D

Until I get it sorted out again, the place is like navigating an asteroid field. :D

well said my friend :)
hope you get a good use from them, I did from mine this winter...but it already seems like it is ending
hooray for spring and crocuses :)

I still have a lot of snow and Ice yet, after the ice storms this year, even though the snowshoes have crampons, Glacier style Crampons are on the 2021 shopping list.

Yep, I've also discovered in the higher mountains that there is no substitute for the real thing when the conditions get tough. Need to be very careful with those things though, a friend has managed to slice open his calf few years ago...was not a nice sight at all :/

Reactions: 555
Yep, I've also discovered in the higher mountains that there is no substitute for the real thing when the conditions get tough. Need to be very careful with those things though, a friend has managed to slice open his calf few years ago...was not a nice sight at all :/

EEK!

It figures, most of my interests and hobbies are dangerous.

I swore over a decade ago I'd buy a pair after a couple of Winter's with skating rink thick ice, it was so bad that the dog couldn't stand on it. Got lazy as easy winter years passed by, the ice storms have returned this year and now I need them again.

Can you ever be prepared for it all?
:)
I've recently started looking into water purification...mind you, never really needed it before, in the mountains here we luckily have springs that are usually safe to drink with no boiling (I remember the water amoeba warnings while trekking in BC Canada), but with the climate change even that is changing slowly. More decaying organic material with super hot summers have created a new issue. Luckily there is plenty to choose from on the market.

Try to. :D
It's that holy grail Earth Escape vehicle I can't seem to find a dealer for on the web that is slowing me down. :D

I'm also from a water rich area, drank from a lot of mountain springs and I ' m s t i l l h e r e........... :D

Have a Water Filter straw in my SHTF stash that I haven't tried out, but with all the springs and here, I'll leave the mud puddles for those not in the know.

Back