Hi iv been looking at the dalstrong knives and on paper look really good. i need some help please.

Can anyone help me in regards to the dalstrong knife collections? Im thinking of getting a few for my collection. Is this a good or bad choice?

Well they look cool. The website is very nice. Id imagine you can move this post to a kitchen cutlery section and someone may be able to help you out. Good luck man!

Dalstrong....Japanese knives Made in China. A take off on the Shun brand which is made in Japan.
I'd look at Japanese, German, French, American knives first.

PS this should be moved to Kitchen Cutlery subforum.

Dalstrong....Japanese knives Made in China. A take off on the Shun brand which is made in Japan.

PS this should be moved to Kitchen Cutlery subforum.

Dalstrong also has the Gladiator series(I had six inch chef) which is more western.
Good gateway drug. See if you like or even need a high end chefs knife before you take the plunge.
Can make cutting hotdogs more pleasurable or at least make you look like you know what you're doing.
My brother likes the fact that they are sharp all the way to the ricasso and deep enough to keep the knuckles off the food. He has the Gladiator now.
I have Yoshihiro and MAC pro.

Dalstrong also has the Gladiator series(I had six inch chef) which is more western.
Good gateway drug. See if you like or even need a high end chefs knife before you take the plunge.
Can make cutting hotdogs more pleasurable or at least make you look like you know what you're doing.
My brother likes the fact that they are sharp all the way to the ricasso and deep enough to keep the knuckles off the food. He has the Gladiator now.
I have Yoshihiro and MAC pro.
can you be more specific please?

gs_6in_chef_main_webB.01_grande.png

I had one of these.
Nice blade, nothing about it gives away where it was made.
A bit deeper than chefs knives, which again my brother likes for it keeps the hands away from the food. Also easier to pick things up with the blade.
The ricasso is also a bit thinner at the blade edge; some knives have maybe a quarter inch of unsharpened metal there. Another feature he mentioned to me.
Nice handles and comes with a plastic cover.
Knife said 'value' to me.
I didn't care for the geometry; handle angled a bit too far upwards (because of the wider blade).
From what I see on the website, I wouldn't hesitate to try one of their other knives. Looks like besides the western and Japanese style they also have some international style blades.
Value priced but well done.
I got a quick look at my brother's Wusthof and I'd put it up against it. He has the Dalstrong now and hasn't mentioned being disappointed at all.
As I said in my other post, gateway stuff.
Try it and decide whether or not a higher end chef knife is worth it.
I got by with a $8 dollar knife for years; now I have a $130 dollar petty knife I mostly use and it doesn't make the food taste any better or make cooking any easier.
For smaller work, I actually grab my cheap Victorinox serrated blades.DSC_2875.jpg I can just drop them in the sink and wash them later!

Recommended?
Sure, if it's as far as your budget will let you go. Can't go wrong with the Dalstrongs. I think I bought mine for it was one of the top rated on AMZ.
If you think your ego wants something better, then skip it and go straight to Japanese or Wusthof or Henckels.

Thank you jideta you have been really helpful and really nice little set of knives you have im just starting i got ripped off on the first two i bought on Amazon one meant to be German Krupp high carbon and the other meant to be vg10. I bought the tsprof k03 knife makers kit and am getting it in the post this week after two months waiting and didn't want to start buying decent knives until i got the tsprof so now that i know it's coming this week i can start what will be a huge collection. Oh have heard or now anything about the tsprof? Iv watched a lot of video on YouTube but haven't heard anything personally about it. If you do i would be very grateful and again thank you for your help.

Usually on kitchen knives I only use a sharpening steel.
Have fun starting your collection!

A good edge is the key. One can get a pretty good edge on a Walmart knife, with some work, but that good edge won't last too long.
A good edge on quality steel will last a lot longer.

Back