HI Khukuri Convention picture

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
In year 2000 we had mini HI khukuri Convention in Reno.
Enjoy pix!

0Cf090h.jpg

I will post more pix later

I hate i fell in love with HI products such a short time ago! Going back through the archives its amazing the community that has been built. It makes me sad i never got to talk to Uncle Bill or any of the others that have passed. I would have loved to have gotten to come to a convention!

L to r
Sister Chokpa , Howard, Yangdu and forumites

Could be interesting as well as entertaining.......and give me a chance to get the best of Bawanna again!

L to r
Howard and Father Kami Sherpa
V0sBTPi.jpg

Father, Yangdu, Uncle Bill and Howard

ednPGIn.jpg

Father, Uncle Bill, Howard's wife Red Flower and Yangdu

t0VB2WL.jpg

Uncle Bill, Dr. Duvon, Yangdu and Father

sufG0Ia.jpg

Uncle Bill, Dr. Duvon and Father

LYOXccR.jpg

Enjoy the pix !

ITs me alright! Its my Ithaca scattergun, Giant Chitlangi Bowie, and Fender Strat too! Goin barefoot all them years plays heck on the feet!

Mosin Nagant? I have one, had for years, never shot it yet. Need to research more, I'm told it might be a Cossack Rifle. Have the carbine too, haven't shot it either, I need to get shooting I guess.

Mosin Nagant? I have one, had for years, never shot it yet. Need to research more, I'm told it might be a Cossack Rifle. Have the carbine too, haven't shot it either, I need to get shooting I guess.
Yep, 1928 Mosin/Nagant. Filled the freezer with it twice now. It's a killing machine (literally). You should definitely get out and shoot yours. It's a joy.

I hate i fell in love with HI products such a short time ago! Going back through the archives its amazing the community that has been built. It makes me sad i never got to talk to Uncle Bill or any of the others that have passed. I would have loved to have gotten to come to a convention!

I remember being in the same boat as you 7 years ago, doing that same exact thing. I've been gone for a while and it looks to be much slower around here these days.

Yeah, I don't know what happened. I remember there was a bit of a surge not too long after I got here around the time Bawanna came in and started posting frequently. I took a break from the internet for a few years and it has looked much slower here since.

I think a lot of folks took a break from the internet for awhile. It's spring in most parts and people are outside more.
I like to think it's the quality of the atmosphere around here more than the quantity that keeps us going.
I know it picks up a bit in winter when people are inside trying to stay warm/dry/other.

Back