HI Medallion Give Away- (Spring Medallion Passaround Thread)

My, I guess I should say OUR medallion house arrived today. I wanted to make something myself but couldn't come up with anything that would work as well as this. Still might do something to make it special, not sure what yet.
For your viewing pleasure.

Beautiful!
Will it's case now travel with it in it's future journeys?

I know what you could make for it. A scroll.
A scroll to go along with it on its journeys so that people can put their names in it and their towns/states, so that it's travels and those that have known it can be documented and remembered. Of course you will have to enter those before you or send it off to them for entry.

powerful thought, I would chip in for that ( to pay bawanna for the case to travel with medallion and a scroll of some repute for names)

It was always my intention to send the case with it in it's future travels. I thought of the scroll idea as well. That would be pretty simple. I don't know how many times this thing has changed hands but not many. I could add those before me and then each recipient could add their information as it comes to them.

Would we want real names or forum names or what? Name and hometown. Name, hometown, blood type, political affiliation, ethnic origin, information overload!

I think at the top of the scroll should be the people that are most important to HI upon whom it is built -- like Bill, Yvsa, Rusty( and whomever you guys know that I dont that has left us already)-- I say try for a classy style, have whoever gets it add something -- can be quotes or just name and information etc , but short enough to be physically put down -- such a cool idea

I am into books, let me see about getting us something like vellum for the scroll so it will have more ability to age and be passed around -- we could actually get pugs to make us a cool leather scroll too if we want something really tough. I think at least a scroll in a nice wooden case to protect it , with the medallion and display--- you guys are too awesome for words, i love this community .*single tear

Looks really great in that display, great job. The idea of the scroll sounds really cool.

Well boys and girls I thought I had overran my share of time as caretaker of the medallion. In checking I find I'm actually spot on as I received it last April. So I'm not the greedy, uncaring person I thought I was.

I had planned to put it up during the Kami holiday Deshain? but that came and went so I'll stay the historical course.

I thought about opening a new thread for this but felt this might be better as the history links and photo's are already imbedded in the thread.

Since I'm a month early I submit that we leave it open for entry until April 4th which is a Friday and would allow me to draw a name and package that weekend. This will also allow everyone a better opportunity to get in on this.

Per the ground rules just submit your name (and 25 dollars) ok forget the money, I just made that up:eek: and I'll add it to the hat. You get it and it's display case for one year and then offer it up to a new caretaker.

If I left anything out, see the previous rules. We'd talked about the scroll idea, it sort of crashed on takeoff. We need to do some research and determine where this little gem has actually been so we can get all the names and locales preferably in the correct order and dates would be cool too. Open to ideas on that.

Been kind of quiet around here lately, perhaps this will help liven things up and even bring a little good fortune to our friends over in Nepal with all the issues they are dealing with.

Last edited:
Pick me! Pick me!

I'm sorry ndog, anyone with a kothimoda katana received within the last 2 days is disqualified.

You ever wonder what life would be like if I weren't here to pull you leg from time to time?

Disclaimer- adding your names to the list. No more horsing around this is serious business. How did I get involved in serious business.

I am definately IN. Would love to hold that for a year.

As far as I can find the history of this goes like this:

Original Medallions were mentioned by Uncle Bill in this message:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...nd-story-you-ll-love?highlight=kami+medallion

Uncle bill next discusses them as being complete and ready to ship 10/8/2000 he makes mention of a whole roll of them like quarters.

in 2002 Yves mentions his and some discussion shows that not all are the same many have different sets of marks more or less and in different orders.

The first mention of the particular medallion for the spring pass along. comes from pageophile, AB, Canada 3/10/2009 as a regular give away.
joe-bob, Dallas TX 3/18/2009 wins the give away but then a year later changes it to a yearly pass along following through each year:
lal chatri, North Yorks, UK 3/29/2010
pmwc78, Sunshine State (Florida) 3/19/2011
Pugs75, SC, 03/24/2012
Bawanna, WA 04/09/2013

It was my pleasure to have in my home for the year, and holding true to the pass around, it left for Bawanna's house. This is a great karma thing for me to have be part of and whoever gets it next I hope treasures it as much as I did. I will not put my name in as I already have been blessed with it. Just wanted to chime in.

How does the board feel about that. I don't see no issue with a 2 time winner myself. Karma might have worn off after a year, might need to refuel.

I wish I was as lucky in the rest of my life as I am on this forum, would sure be handy. Been dealt some really crummy cards lately and I don't play cards?????

Bawanna>>I for one, would say, "great", it goes to the one, it is meant to be with, it could be for the umpteenth time, it doesn't matter, it's fate.

No issues with two time winners. What's fine with US president's terms should work for the spring medallion too.
Now if a fellow wins 3 times well then :D

Back