HI shipping issues

I was in no way was attacking Yangdu. Thank god for her and what she does. I was relaying my recent problems with the USPS and the possible need to change methods or at the minimum add a tracking number. Yangdu sent me the insurance # for the lost package from dec 28th. A phone call later they told me it had arrived in Sarasota on the 3rd but was undeliverable. They told me it should be at the local facility still. So off I went, 40 minutes later and 3 different employees and they found it in the back. The address on the package itself was wrong. A mix up of my home and work addresses. A simple mistake anyone could make. If I had a tracking number from day one I would have seen the incorrect address listed and my Kukri wouldn't have sat at the post office for 6 days with me wondering what happened. The same thing with the package that was ripped open and a khukri missing - but that was 13 days !!
Usually it takes 3 days delivery. One other time last year there was an issue with them taking too long and a tracking number would have been great, it was eventually delivered to the correct address undamaged, after a lot of worrying that a tracking number would alleviate.

So - no strange stuff going on with me, thank you very much. Just one lost or stolen khukri and another found late.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your situation, I'm sure I'd be frustrated too. It's more than just the money as we are enthusiasts and are dying to receive our cherished product. I'm sure you will be made whole on the deal. I guess you have one of those bad post offices.

I buy and sell a lot of stuff through the internet, motorcycle/firearms parts and accessories and USPS has always been my preferred method of shipment. Priority Mail is the least expensive/safest way to ship if you're a small timer like me. I do however live about 5 miles away from one of the largest USPS mail hubs in So Ca so that probably helps.

PS. The cost to add tracking to a USPS priority package is 80 cents. Seems like money well spent for peace of mind.
One last thing to be clear, I do not believe the missing khukri from the first package came out on its own because of bad packing by Yangdu. I'm betting it was stolen by a postal employee. That certainly is not Yangdus fault, and I never said it was. The issue was no tracking number left me hanging for two weeks with no way of knowing what happened at all or if it would be delivered. Remember, this was " need a last minute gift" DOTD before Xmas so I expected it by then or immediately after.

Let's be perfectly clear, no one posting here is against Yangdu or Hi. Everyone must understand that first, this is about improving shipping methods not changing the way khukris are made or anything like that at all.

Last edited:
Back