HI Survival Knife

i got mine today. All I can say is that I am FLOORED. The quality of this piece is magnificent...Check it out on 6/3 DotD....

:thumbup: Here are a couple photos of this knife from 6/3:

6-03-11%20003.jpg

6-03-11%20005.jpg

Is waiting for one to pop up for sale in the Hi forum the only way to obtain the HI Survival Knife?

wow! what a nice looking knife! Ive always admired the bushman but the thin blade blew me off. A thicker blade like this one is a dream come true!

Do what you must to get one! :) I love my HI survival knife as it is the next evolution of the cold steel bushman which I already see as the last word in an everything knife from preparing meals, to camp chores, to self defense either as a knife or mounting it on a pole and using against large animals. And since the handle is hollow, I already stuck a large Flint and magnesium stick in the handle secured with cloth and a leather thong thru a hole on side of the flint stick and the hole in the handle that acts as the layard hole and a place where you can use a set screw when mounting to a pole. The cloth is oil soaked both to be used as tinder and a wipe down for the blade. And I tested the spine and it sparked the flint no problem. This is knife is a win. I WILL pick up another as soon as I see one on DotD, so be warned! :)

Mine arrived yesterday. I hav;t had a chance to use it yet, but it looks great. It looks like it could go through Hell and back, and still be ready to do what needs to be done.

I just took mu Survival Knife out for a test chop. I was chopping a sapling with a diameter of 1.25 inches or so. It chopped it like butter. But when I looked at the blade, the edge was chewed up kind of bad in 2 places. I will try to get pictures.

Yes, try sharpening it, if the chips arent large. Contact Auntie directly if it continues to be a problem.

Thanks for the reply. I will try, and see how it does. The edge on it was very thin. Maybe too thin for chopping. I will see how it turns out.

Hate to resurrect old threads but has anyone heard of this knife being offered again? I have the bushman and would really love one of these.

Howard, thank you for the review and the superb pix, just one question, what other goodies have you got under your bed ? :p

Another expression of interest, in case our fine friends in Nepal want to ramp up production. Love my HI ASTK!!

Back