Recommendation? High-end production titanium flippers with blade length ≥3.75"? (picked one, post 79)

I would suggest the Full-Track as well, but being out of production it might be hard to track one down. Also, I think your price range might be putting you close to Demko territory. I have no personal experience with his knives, just admired them from afar, so I'm not exactly sure about pricing and availability. Worth a look at least IMO.
The full track is already out of production? Doesn't seem like it was around long, what happened?

Reate makes a lot of nice knives in the 3.75" range. You could look at the entire "K" series of 1 thru 4. Either JACK 1 or JACK 2 might fit your bill.

WE has the Chimera and several of the knives from the 600 series in that blade length. The 601, 604 and the 620 come to mind.

If I think of more, I'll come back and post.

I thought the Arius as at 3.75...Zieba and Anso you gotta keep a watch for as both will occasionally work in the size you're looking for.
I thought the Curtiss Warhawk 375 was right in the ballpark? If you can find one.
Forgot Hoback.
Maybe Zscherny (scorpion knives)

I'll take a deeper look, thank you. I didn't know any of those folks made bigger knives at this price point.

Sounds like the XM-24 or 0560 are what you are looking for but, unless you have something against knives made in China, you should check out the all Ti Megalodon.

It's not "big and beefy" but it's a really nice knife!

Don't know anything about this vendor but it's still available here for just $207.50. May be available elsewhere but this was the 1st listing that popped up when I did the search.

No worries on country of origin, no. I have plenty of excellent knives from China. I remember looking at the Megalodon a couple years ago and thinking that the supply of Ti models had dried up -- this is a real surprise, and a pleasant one. :)

Not sure if they're still available new; but the Begg SteelCraft Bodega is worth a look...as are the Reate K2, CKF SSE, and Liong Mah Eraser.

Ooh, good suggestions. Begg, Mah, and CKF have never really been on my radar, definitely worth some research. And I've somehow missed the K2, despite liking Reate knives!

Reate makes a lot of nice knives in the 3.75" range. You could look at the entire "K" series of 1 thru 4. Either JACK 1 or JACK 2 might fit your bill.

WE has the Chimera and several of the knives from the 600 series in that blade length. The 601, 604 and the 620 come to mind.

If I think of more, I'll come back and post.

Thanks! I like WE knives but do get lost in the older number models. Time to do some browsing. :)

Dang it, I thought I'd quoted everyone. :D

I have two Real Steel Megalodon 2017 Ti M390 knives and they are among my favorites. They’re a true steal at a well known, well respected online dealer in INDIANA. Priced @ $149.99.

I have a guess, time to go confirm it. Thanks for the tip!

Shiro F95. Or quantum if you prefer the design. Don’t bother with anything else.

My first Shiro is currently in the mail (a smaller model), and if I like it then the larger ones will definitely be candidates. I'll take a long look at these two -- thanks!

I like the look of the Full Track a lot, and it's great to hear -- and see -- how it stacks up to the XM-24. Thanks! :)

If you like the 0308, you’ll like the fulltrack. The XM-24 feels a bit flimsy in comparison.

Dude buy the xm24. After I got mine I sold off all my xm18. They just seemed a little dainty next to the 24. Also look at the Medford marauder h. Not a flipper but that large blade comes flying after being broken in. Checks the box for satisfaction of a large blade very well

Three Sisters Forge Gorgon if you can find one.

4" blade.

3Jx2B2p.jpg

I don’t think they’ve been mentioned yet, but the Cheburkov Scout might be a viable option. I own two smaller Cheburkovs and absolutely love them. The Scout’s blade is 3.8” and there are several versions floating around out there well within your price range.

The full track is already out of production? Doesn't seem like it was around long, what happened?

Hinderer said they had so much milling and took so long to make that they were practically selling them at cost even at $600+. It certainly wasn't for lack of demand.

At the time he discontinued them, he said he was going to try to reintroduce them with aluminum handles, I'm not sure if that's still happening or not.

Another pic, just for the hell of it:

wHMKsr7.jpg

Yeah, that was the word a while back at least, if my memory serves me right (though it rarely does ;)). Something to do with machining costs of this particular model in the titanium. I believe it was mentioned that he was not ruling out brining the design back at some point, but not in Ti.

EDIT: Ah, Silent H beat me to it, with a better explination.

while I'm at it I'll add a couple of pics as well. Great knife :thumbsup:

F7bs8q4.jpg

gBbNp8V.jpg

Another pic, just for the hell of it:

wHMKsr7.jpg

Let me help out :)

i-tF7tPn6-X5.jpg

i-GKn4SfP-X3.jpg

i-6DB6bBn-X2.jpg

I, too, like the 0308:

i-N9Bbpwv-X3.jpg

I think of it as ZT's Fulltrack :)

And the XM-24 ... Doesn't mean you can't have both a Fulltrack and XM24 :):

i-QJSSFNF-X2.jpg

BTW, if you are considering Russian large flippers, consider Andrey Biryukov. He always has some large Ti flippers in his Russian webstore, and there is a seller reselling his flippers on ebay. Shiro quality; a little too flimsy for me, but my wife likes hers (she also loves to use her Shiro 111). On a date:

i-k2zxdG4-4K.jpg

If you can handle the level of bling involved, the Begg Steelcraft Bodega (made by Reate) is a beast of a knife. At six ounces and feeling solid as a tank it's bedazzled with fullers, speed holes, pretty texturing and a fancy clip to boot. There is no part of this knife that doesn't have some kind of embellishment, but it's also incredibly stout. Oversized handle, thick blade that actually cuts pretty well thanks to a relatively deep hollow grind. I have the smaller model in black and gold and this full sized gold one that I recently acquired from the Exchange (seller has another in blue at a sweet price, incidentally) and they're two of the best made knives I've handled, and I own or have owned customs and knives from most of the popular production companies like CRK, Shirogorov, Olamic, etc.

YDrkB7k.jpg

I'd also jump on the "check out Olamic" bandwagon. They make great knives and have a million options for customization. I like their Swish a bunch. It's smaller than the Bodega above when closed by a fair margin, but they both have the same (3.75") length blade. In light configurations it's under four ounces, but you can also go heavier with the handle slabs unmolested. It can look totally different depending on how you want it, here are some of mine to give you an idea what I'm talking about, color, texture, holes, coatings . . . everything is possible.

nLVDnvo.jpg

Hfuk7Y9.jpg

u8TDlJa.jpg

IG6KDDh.jpg

If you like the 0308, you’ll like the fulltrack. The XM-24 feels a bit flimsy in comparison.

The XM-24 feels "a bit flimsy" in comparison to the Fulltrack? Really? Even though the XM-24 is fractionally longer than the FullTrack in both blade and overall length and only 0.2 oz lighter? I think not.

I know it's all a matter of personal opinion but my XM-24 doesn't feel "flimsy" in comparsion to anything, including a ZT 0200 or 0300, which are among the "beefiest" folders that I own; equal in size w/the XM-24 when placed side-by-side and both weighing 1oz more than the XM-24.

I never bothered buying the 0308 because it doesn't offer me anything more than I already have w/the 0200/0300 but they didn't make the list here because they were not made w/any Ti.

A full track is a grail of mine. Should have jumped when they were in production but at the time it didn't appeal to me as much as some others. Now that I have a couple 1/2 tracks I REALLY want a full track. The ones I've seen on the exchange are going for a premium, I think I'mma have to bite the bullet and do it next time one pops up.

The Rainmaker is a freakin' pocket sword that carries much smaller IMO. It's relatively narrow profile allows plenty of hand room in your pocket. I like it quite a bit.

I agree w/the Three Rivers comment about the Gorgon, it's a BEAST, the Beast is quite a bit smaller, I've got a Damascus version that's pretty cool. The Gorgon is huge and heavy, a good chopper but hard to find.

The ZT 560/561 are nice, very comfortable in hand and pretty solid old school ZT's. The 920 is also quite a big guy with a wicked recurve blade. Of the 2 I probably like carrying the 920 more. A quick search and I found a NIB for $160 which is ridiculous, I've bought 2, both were over $200.

Southern Grind Bad Monkey's are a good option. The steel isn't 'premium' and it's a liner lock w/g10 scales but it's a biggun at a relatively reasonable price. In hand it's a really nice knife.

The CRK Umnumzaan is a pretty beefy knife w/a 3.7" blade, not my fav of the bunch but a solid knife that can take some abuse. I've used one pretty hard and it still looks like new.

I am going to slowly back out of this thread before my wallet suffers further injury.

Seriously, I didn’t know it needed a large Ti flipper until today.

Back