Recommendation? High-end production titanium flippers with blade length ≥3.75"? (picked one, post 79)

A full track is a grail of mine. Should have jumped when they were in production but at the time it didn't appeal to me as much as some others. Now that I have a couple 1/2 tracks I REALLY want a full track. The ones I've seen on the exchange are going for a premium, I think I'mma have to bite the bullet and do it next time one pops up.

I know it has many fans but I just never liked the design of the Full Track myself nor the ZT0393 which apparently is patterned after the Full Track.

The 920 is also quite a big guy with a wicked recurve blade. Of the 2 I probably like carrying the 920 more. A quick search and I found a NIB for $160 which is ridiculous, I've bought 2, both were over $200.

Entirely forgot about my 0920! All Ti w/a 3.9" 20CV blade. Guess I just have too many knives. LOL! ;)

Daaaang, that photo is like this thread in a nutshell. Gorgeous! :D

Dude buy the xm24. After I got mine I sold off all my xm18. They just seemed a little dainty next to the 24. Also look at the Medford marauder h. Not a flipper but that large blade comes flying after being broken in. Checks the box for satisfaction of a large blade very well

I love my Medfords, but I have non-flippers covered well (TFF-1 and Praetorian G). :) More votes for the XM-24 are never a bad thing, though. It really does tick all of these boxes, hampered only by availability (like a lot of these knives!). But patience and the hunt are also fun!

Three Sisters Forge Gorgon if you can find one.

4" blade.

3Jx2B2p.jpg

Oh neat, I didn't know TSF had made a larger blade!

how about getting the new 0308 with the black scales and tiger stripes, it looks pretty cool

I do love me some tiger stripes, but I also love my tan version. :)

I don’t think they’ve been mentioned yet, but the Cheburkov Scout might be a viable option. I own two smaller Cheburkovs and absolutely love them. The Scout’s blade is 3.8” and there are several versions floating around out there well within your price range.

Oh, good call! I've seen Scouts in photo threads here, and they do look amazing. I'll have to do some digging on where these are actually sold. :thumbsup:

If you can handle the level of bling involved, the Begg Steelcraft Bodega (made by Reate) is a beast of a knife. At six ounces and feeling solid as a tank it's bedazzled with fullers, speed holes, pretty texturing and a fancy clip to boot. There is no part of this knife that doesn't have some kind of embellishment, but it's also incredibly stout. Oversized handle, thick blade that actually cuts pretty well thanks to a relatively deep hollow grind. I have the smaller model in black and gold and this full sized gold one that I recently acquired from the Exchange (seller has another in blue at a sweet price, incidentally) and they're two of the best made knives I've handled, and I own or have owned customs and knives from most of the popular production companies like CRK, Shirogorov, Olamic, etc.

YDrkB7k.jpg

I'd also jump on the "check out Olamic" bandwagon. They make great knives and have a million options for customization. I like their Swish a bunch. It's smaller than the Bodega above when closed by a fair margin, but they both have the same (3.75") length blade. In light configurations it's under four ounces, but you can also go heavier with the handle slabs unmolested. It can look totally different depending on how you want it, here are some of mine to give you an idea what I'm talking about, color, texture, holes, coatings . . . everything is possible.

nLVDnvo.jpg

Hfuk7Y9.jpg

u8TDlJa.jpg

IG6KDDh.jpg

Begg knives always look too blinged-out to me, but every time I see one I try to consider it from a different perspective. A lot of my favorite knives started out as "hell no!" when I first saw them. That part of the journey is fun -- and your Begg is awesome!

I've played around with Olamic's builder, and frankly it's kind of overwhelming. But ready availability and a wild level of customizability are both appealing. I've mostly focused on Rainmakers so far, but I'll start exploring the Swish as well.

I never bothered buying the 0308 because it doesn't offer me anything more than I already have w/the 0200/0300 but they didn't make the list here because they were not made w/any Ti.

I've owned an 0200, but missed out on the 0300 (and 0301, etc.). I thought the 0300 had a Ti lock side, though? I could definitely be off on that. (For me, the 0308 fills that slot nicely, and I prefer manual to assisted flippers.)

A full track is a grail of mine. Should have jumped when they were in production but at the time it didn't appeal to me as much as some others. Now that I have a couple 1/2 tracks I REALLY want a full track. The ones I've seen on the exchange are going for a premium, I think I'mma have to bite the bullet and do it next time one pops up.

The Rainmaker is a freakin' pocket sword that carries much smaller IMO. It's relatively narrow profile allows plenty of hand room in your pocket. I like it quite a bit.

I agree w/the Three Rivers comment about the Gorgon, it's a BEAST, the Beast is quite a bit smaller, I've got a Damascus version that's pretty cool. The Gorgon is huge and heavy, a good chopper but hard to find.

The ZT 560/561 are nice, very comfortable in hand and pretty solid old school ZT's. The 920 is also quite a big guy with a wicked recurve blade. Of the 2 I probably like carrying the 920 more. A quick search and I found a NIB for $160 which is ridiculous, I've bought 2, both were over $200.

Southern Grind Bad Monkey's are a good option. The steel isn't 'premium' and it's a liner lock w/g10 scales but it's a biggun at a relatively reasonable price. In hand it's a really nice knife.

The CRK Umnumzaan is a pretty beefy knife w/a 3.7" blade, not my fav of the bunch but a solid knife that can take some abuse. I've used one pretty hard and it still looks like new.

The Rainmaker really does look like a good choice on so many levels. Good call on the ZT 0920, I'd forgotten about that one. I think it's the clip that's always turned me off, but that's easily remedied.

I just never liked the design of the Full Track myself nor the ZT0393 which apparently is patterned after the Full Track.

The ZT 0393 is based on the Eklipse, ZT hasn't made a Hinderer design based on the Fulltrack yet.

The Rainmaker has probably cut the top of my thumb more than any other knife I have. The flipper is so small it doesn't catch on my thumb when the blade drops and it hits just below the nail. Even with the tiny flipper tab the blade flies out every time. I'm not a huge flipper fan but some knives only come that way and it won't keep me from getting one if I like the knife, the Rainmaker is one of those.

My favorite handle profile is rock sculpted, it narrows the profile slightly and adds a nice smooth texture over the whole scale while rounding off the sides. The full sculpted (scoops) takes too much material off and makes a very narrow profile, a bit thin for me. Full slab Ti is also nice but heavier and not quite as comfortable in the hand as rocks. If you were to go w/one of the more interesting finishes they look much better on a sculpted scale than full Ti. I really like the Antique entropic finish, just had a 247 redone that way and had a Whippersnapper made to match. Feels awesome in the hand.

The ZT 0393 is based on the Eklipse, ZT hasn't made a Hinderer design based on the Fulltrack yet.

Thanks for the correction.

Wasn't entirely sure about that when I mentioned it; just don't like the "stepped" design of either knife.

I've owned an 0200, but missed out on the 0300 (and 0301, etc.). I thought the 0300 had a Ti lock side, though? I could definitely be off on that. (For me, the 0308 fills that slot nicely, and I prefer manual to assisted flippers.

I better start fact checking myself before posting any more on this thread!

Looks like you're right about the 0300 which apparently has both G10 and Ti machined scales. Thought they were just G10, like the 0200 that I think are only G10 (at least I don't see a Ti reference to them) but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that too. LOL! ;)

Anyway, guess you can add an 0300 (and 0301, if it was made in the same way) to your list of Ti flippers, which IMO is a "good thing" since you've never owned one yet. :)

The Rainmaker has probably cut the top of my thumb more than any other knife I have. The flipper is so small it doesn't catch on my thumb when the blade drops and it hits just below the nail. Even with the tiny flipper tab the blade flies out every time. I'm not a huge flipper fan but some knives only come that way and it won't keep me from getting one if I like the knife, the Rainmaker is one of those.

My favorite handle profile is rock sculpted, it narrows the profile slightly and adds a nice smooth texture over the whole scale while rounding off the sides. The full sculpted (scoops) takes too much material off and makes a very narrow profile, a bit thin for me. Full slab Ti is also nice but heavier and not quite as comfortable in the hand as rocks. If you were to go w/one of the more interesting finishes they look much better on a sculpted scale than full Ti. I really like the Antique entropic finish, just had a 247 redone that way and had a Whippersnapper made to match. Feels awesome in the hand.

Yeah, the rock sculpted handles are really cool-looking! I bet they feel amazing in hand, too.

I better start fact checking myself before posting any more on this thread!

Looks like you're right about the 0300 which apparently has both G10 and Ti machined scales. Thought they were just G10, like the 0200 that I think are only G10 (at least I don't see a Ti reference to them) but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that too. LOL! ;)

Anyway, guess you can add an 0300 (and 0301, if it was made in the same way) to your list of Ti flippers, which IMO is a "good thing" since you've never owned one yet. :)

I forget what knives I own, never mind what they're made of -- no worries! :D

I got pretty familiar with my 0200, and you're right on that one. Big ol' G10 slabs on both sides.

I wouldn't kick an 0300 out of bed, but the days when they were priced like that are long gone -- and it'd have to fight my 0308. ;)

The XM-24 feels "a bit flimsy" in comparison to the Fulltrack? Really? Even though the XM-24 is fractionally longer than the FullTrack in both blade and overall length and only 0.2 oz lighter? I think not.

Do you have a Fulltrack ?

For the OP: It really also depends on what you need the knife for, and if you want something similar or different from what you already have, in terms of usage. For example, the XM-24 Bowie and Wharncliffes are quite unique.

Last edited:
Too bad about the full track, I always thought it looked kind of neat and wanted to get one. But who am I kidding, I've bought so many knives and I keep coming back to my CRK tanto Umnumzaan.

Three Sisters Forge Gorgon if you can find one.

4" blade.

3Jx2B2p.jpg

I apologize, I'm an idiot. The Gorgon is not a flipper.

Check out Brian Tighe and Friends, they may have something you like in the large sizes.

I apologize, I'm an idiot. The Gorgon is not a flipper.

Check out Brian Tighe and Friends, they may have something you like in the large sizes.

LOL, I just assumed the flipper was hidden in that photo. :D

I love the aesthetic of Tighe's knives, but I can't abide the Iron Cross pivot screw. My weird objections to tiny details help me avoid going broke. ;)

Yeah, the rock sculpted handles are really cool-looking! I bet they feel amazing in hand, too.

I forget what knives I own, never mind what they're made of -- no worries! :D

I got pretty familiar with my 0200, and you're right on that one. Big ol' G10 slabs on both sides.

I wouldn't kick an 0300 out of bed, but the days when they were priced like that are long gone -- and it'd have to fight my 0308. ;)
While there are some good things about the 0308 (primarily blade steel and grind), when I brought in the ZT 0308 and compared against my ZT 0301's and it was like Fury vs Wilder 2... The ZT 0308 looked like an amateur against the beast that is the ZT 0301.

Last edited:
Begg knives always look too blinged-out to me, but every time I see one I try to consider it from a different perspective. A lot of my favorite knives started out as "hell no!" when I first saw them. That part of the journey is fun -- and your Begg is awesome!

Oh, I get that. The Begg design aesthetic is something I'd describe like this: "gas station, but with the best materials and the finest craftsmanship". That said, these Reate-made versions are truly amazingly well crafted. The mini has grown on me over time and I carry it semi-regularly. The large is quite large, but I'm already pretty fond of it. Don't expect them to drop shut, though--both of my have stout detents that make for great flipping action but the pressure mean no free fall on close, which I'm fine with. Both the mini and the full size feel so sturdy they might as well be integrals, helped to that by the sizeable backspacer. The details are all there, everything on the handles that should be rounded off has been and so forth. Quality that you can feel, if you know what I mean.

I've played around with Olamic's builder, and frankly it's kind of overwhelming. But ready availability and a wild level of customizability are both appealing. I've mostly focused on Rainmakers so far, but I'll start exploring the Swish as well.

I'm also pro-Rainmaker, incidentally. Here's mine:

3onkM5e.jpg

I’ll echo the votes for the Olamics and Cheburkovs.
JIlAdkm.jpg

MhBCunU.jpg

VLUstcF.jpg

Csb1x8n.jpg

ZJJXQ6A.jpg

Another option is the Berg Iron Wolf which pops up for sale every now and then.
fU5QDxq.jpg

Speaking of the Begg/Reate aesthetic, the larger Field Marshall may be worth a look as well.
NJqoVBG.jpg

Oh, I get that. The Begg design aesthetic is something I'd describe like this: "gas station, but with the best materials and the finest craftsmanship". That said, these Reate-made versions are truly amazingly well crafted. The mini has grown on me over time and I carry it semi-regularly. The large is quite large, but I'm already pretty fond of it. Don't expect them to drop shut, though--both of my have stout detents that make for great flipping action but the pressure mean no free fall on close, which I'm fine with. Both the mini and the full size feel so sturdy they might as well be integrals, helped to that by the sizeable backspacer. The details are all there, everything on the handles that should be rounded off has been and so forth. Quality that you can feel, if you know what I mean.

I'm also pro-Rainmaker, incidentally. Here's mine:

3onkM5e.jpg

LOL, I like that description. Any chance you own an XM-18 3.5 or a ZT 0308 and wouldn't mind throwing the Bodega up next to it? The more research I do on this model, the more I like it.

I’ll echo the votes for the Olamics and Cheburkovs.
JIlAdkm.jpg

MhBCunU.jpg

VLUstcF.jpg

Csb1x8n.jpg

ZJJXQ6A.jpg

Another option is the Berg Iron Wolf which pops up for sale every now and then.
fU5QDxq.jpg

Speaking of the Begg/Reate aesthetic, the larger Field Marshall may be worth a look as well.
NJqoVBG.jpg

Gorgeous! I'll add Berg to the list, I didn't know he did larger blades.

Reactions: JAB
I too have both sizes of the Reate Bodega however both of mine drop shut very smoothly. One of the things I like is the fuller, it's probably the only way I open them anymore, perfect depth for a nice finger flick. They are extremely well made knives, I purchased before I went full on USA or I would probably still be looking at Reate. The IKBS bearings can be a bear if you want to open them up for any reason. The blade shape is a very usable profile though I can't get myself to use them as they're too pretty and I don't want to mess up the DLC :D The big one is a big knife, I was a little surprised when I received it. They're like a pronghorn and a bison, ones small and dainty the others a tank.

I don't have a pic but just did a side by side of the large Bodega vs an XM18 3.5, the Bodega is considerably larger IMO. Handle is only about 1/4" longer but there's probably 3/4" more useable blade on the Bodega (choiled XM) as it's about 1/2" longer than the XM 3.5.

If I remember correctly from my custom mini Tighe Rod (sold it years ago, wish I hadn't) the iron cross pivot screw also was a T8 in the center.

I too have both sizes of the Reate Bodega however both of mine drop shut very smoothly. One of the things I like is the fuller, it's probably the only way I open them anymore, perfect depth for a nice finger flick. They are extremely well made knives, I purchased before I went full on USA or I would probably still be looking at Reate. The IKBS bearings can be a bear if you want to open them up for any reason. The blade shape is a very usable profile though I can't get myself to use them as they're too pretty and I don't want to mess up the DLC :D The big one is a big knife, I was a little surprised when I received it. They're like a pronghorn and a bison, ones small and dainty the others a tank.

I don't have a pic but just did a side by side of the large Bodega vs an XM18 3.5, the Bodega is considerably larger IMO. Handle is only about 1/4" longer but there's probably 3/4" more useable blade on the Bodega (choiled XM) as it's about 1/2" longer than the XM 3.5.

That's very helpful, thank you! My XM has a choil, so I can picture that pretty well.

If I remember correctly from my custom mini Tighe Rod (sold it years ago, wish I hadn't) the iron cross pivot screw also was a T8 in the center.

Sorry, I should have been plainer: It's the Iron Cross as a symbol that I object to, not anything about the pivot's construction. ;) (Torx always makes me happy, but I have a fair number of oddball screws among my collection and those don't bother me.)

The Swish has a nice fuller. It's an odd one but when you start playing with it definitely grows on you. The 247 is basically the same size as an XM18 3.5.

LOL, I like that description. Any chance you own an XM-18 3.5 or a ZT 0308 and wouldn't mind throwing the Bodega up next to it? The more research I do on this model, the more I like it.

Gorgeous! I'll add Berg to the list, I didn't know he did larger blades.
I got ya, fam (Field Marshall included for good measure:D-the handle is actually about the same as the Bodega but the blade’s larger.)
Cg57RZd.jpg

Back