High-tech classic pocket knives?

It seems to me that nobody is making a high-tech, classic pocket knife . . . and that there might be a market for them. What I have in mind is something like a Schrade Old-Timer but using INFI, D-2, 01, or 440V, combined with cryogenics (sp?) or whatever. Something really top drawer from a performance standpoint.

Much of the time I wear wool slacks, coat, and tie (standard school admin. uniform) and wish the small knife in my pocket was as nice as my hunting/camping blades. Sort of an irrational thing of course; the Schrade is always enough, but I still wish . . .

What say ye? Does anybody think there's a market out there for a top-notch classic pocket knife?

------------------
I don't want my children fed or clothed by the state, but I would prefer THAT to their being educated by the state.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Bill (edited 24 August 1999).]

My wish too. I just picked up an Old Timer Gunstock Trapper I think it's called, a single blade with a lock, and like you mentioned I wish I could have it in D2, CPM-3V, or such. Buck has a nice looking folder in BG42 but it looks a bit bulky, Case has a nice looking one in ATS34 which is ok but it's a 2 blade model which again is a bit bulky.

Bill Davis makes real nice, plain, old-fashioned lockback pocket knives. They are in the $150.00-200.00 range with stag or jigged bone handles/ats-34 steel.

A real fine maker using high tech steel, combined with traditional pocket knife patterns,is Bailey Bradshaw. I have not seen many makers offer a trapper, with 52100 forged blades in this configuration.Pricing is about 1/3 of some of the top makers.
www.bpbradshaw.com

Floyd

Back