Hiking Special Katunje

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
13 inch 14 my special Katunje by Kumar with my initial in Nepali writing. Horn handle. Leather sheath. Usual fine work by Kumar. $125. *SOLD*

sFLExH9.jpg

6Fm0u7j.jpg

AzS7LhM.jpg

5z5fQhj.jpg

DqBC8kc.jpg

G5lAtWC.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
The Katunje is one of my favorite and always at the ready Khuks. The weight and size are no where near marks of it's power. It is one of the smallest work horses in my collection. Love it.

The Katunje is one of my favorite and always at the ready Khuks. The weight and size are no where near marks of it's power. It is one of the smallest work horses in my collection. Love it.
Is it like a smaller version of a BAS?

It is hard to classify the Katunje. It is it's own style for sure. Somewhere between the size and utility of a Tamang and a VUK. Stronger than a Tamang. Smaller than a VUK. The blade shape is kind of like a very light BAS but with the curved spine of a the older style BDCs. The best description might be that it is a very good camping/hiking knife. Great for younger or smaller people. They are very strong but light, compact, and easy on the eyes. My nephew has beat the tar out of his while making shelters in the woods and the Katunje held up well. Nice looking sheath on this one.

The Katunje is one of my 3 very favorites. Eric hit the nail on the head. This khuk is Mrs. Martino's personal special model and hard to classify, just like her. But both are just like Eric describes: "Strong but light, compact, and easy on the eyes". My Katunje would be the very last khuk to go should I have to part with my collection...it's just too personal and other members of the family can wield it easily. It's akin to and has similar attributes as a Derringer hidden away in your sleeve...it's suddenly pops up when you need a back up. Your collection will never be complete without one. Hell, I'll even bet that chipmunk in the photo above carries one!;)

Yeah I think if you look close you can see the chipmunks Katunje in the shadow. Wears it on his strong side. Good eye. I love my Katunje too, very special.

OK, I'm old, so it took me a while to see the dragon's head in the pictures. You folks going subliminal on me?
Should I be worried about stories of Smaug?

(Always somethin')

yangdu 1.jpg

Well, you ARE an Aardvark; pretty much given to not looking up in the jungle. Go easy on yourself.

Bite your tongue, suh!

Aardvarks are NOTHING like the ambulatory feather dusters that figured so prominently in the BC comics. We are solId, sleek, powerful creatures that are powerful diggers, and the terror of our adversaries . Although we (unfortunately) share the same diet as the aforementioned dusters, we have nothing else in common.

I hope that sets the record straight.

Back