HIKV Strikes and Auntie suggestions Help

After the EMS is the most exciting part - waiting to see what there is, if you get the DD, then waiting for it to show up...then it comes! Oh so fun. If Yangdu didn't ship so fast it would be harder but she gets it to me so fast I'm starting to suspect she has Himalayan Yeti Teleportation Magic on her side.

You won't be disappointed with the M-43. Mine is 17" and 27oz which to me is perfect. It's my go-to blade for everything and is always in my trunk awaiting use. Not the best at splitting wood due to a thinner edge profile, but it does do everything. Mine even keeps itself sharp :)

I would order directly from Yangdu via email, or from blades that she posts on this forum. The HI online store is almost like an archive these days. There's no guarantee that the models and sizes shown there are available at any given time, and the range of models, lengths and weights is much more limited than what the kamis produce. Also, if you order from Yangdu or from this forum you will know the actual weight and dimensions of the blade (with photo), whereas the pictures and specs at the online store are generic.

Good luck. Let us know what you get, preferably with pictures.

Thanks for your insight, i kinda figured the best bet was through the forum and direct. If she has an m43 i wanna go that route i belive. I am eagerly awaiting a reply to find out if i can get lucky again before christmas. Thanks for the info.

To be clear here, weather you order direct, from the daily deals here on the forum or the website, the order still goes to one person.

I think it's just quicker to email direct or call. Yangdu as we all know is a very busy little lady so response times can vary from almost immediately to days depending on where she is and what she's doing.

She is extremely blade wise so trust her advice and suggestions. You can't go wrong. Just tell her what appeals to you and she'll fix you up.

It's customer service like you won't experience anywhere else. Like shopping in your relatives store (relatives that like you that is). She wants you happy. As you go along you'll know what we talk about like the rest of us.

You won't be disappointed with the M-43. Mine is 17" and 27oz which to me is perfect. It's my go-to blade for everything and is always in my trunk awaiting use. Not the best at splitting wood due to a thinner edge profile, but it does do everything. Mine even keeps itself sharp :)

Thats awesome that at least it does most couple that with the new gopte i got from her and i have a great start

After the EMS is the most exciting part - waiting to see what there is, if you get the DD, then waiting for it to show up...then it comes! Oh so fun. If Yangdu didn't ship so fast it would be harder but she gets it to me so fast I'm starting to suspect she has Himalayan Yeti Teleportation Magic on her side.

Yeah when i aquired my gopte it was quite painless and the yeti had it by the end of the week. Great service.

To be clear here, weather you order direct, from the daily deals here on the forum or the website, the order still goes to one person.

I think it's just quicker to email direct or call. Yangdu as we all know is a very busy little lady so response times can vary from almost immediately to days depending on where she is and what she's doing.

She is extremely blade wise so trust her advice and suggestions. You can't go wrong. Just tell her what appeals to you and she'll fix you up.

It's customer service like you won't experience anywhere else. Like shopping in your relatives store (relatives that like you that is). She wants you happy. As you go along you'll know what we talk about like the rest of us.

I emailed her prior to the post and she gave me the 2 choices cak or m43 so i can attest to the great insight hardest part was deciding between the 2 for my next one. Now i am awaiting a response too what she might have. Ah patience is a virtue especially in this day of immediate info at your fingers. Now i just need a star trek beam in my home for instant delivery. Lol.

If anybody has anything close to a star trek beam its Yangdu. It's amazing how quickly her packages arrive sometimes. Nobody seems to be able to figure out how she does it.

So she said I could order the 43 but to do it off the site so done and done. So hopefully a triangle package shows up soon with those yeti elves

Yep Wildmike spent 2 years-ish off grid here is a thread he shows his M43 that he used for most of it.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1041119-My-Famous-M43-Kukri

I beat Steve & Bawanna. I claim Jr. Librarian status...

Jeez... all that work and still looks as good as new with no significant signs of handle or blade wear.

I have been using 3 beaters in the woods for the past few years (klvuk, astk and a less popular but amazing Keshar Lal Bash Cutter picture below)
attachment.php

The only signs of wear is little rust stains (totally my fault to blame) and normal scratch marks. These things are true life long workers.

A new model I've never heard of, thanks!
Looking good! I'm impressed by the huge diameter logs people cut through.

It's so impressive to me what these blades are capable of. I spent all day reading about the failure of high-dollar blades made of wonder-steel by a well-regarded maker.

We have great men living in rough conditions making blades out of salvaged materials that dance circles around them all day.

Scary and wonderful.

A new model I've never heard of, thanks!
Looking good! I'm impressed by the huge diameter logs people cut through.

It's like a bonecutter without the chiruwa handle. Awesome chopper. If not mistaken this one is 17inch and 36oz.
Cutting that tree made me sweat, it took me few minutes. It was blocking my way on the trail.
All I had was the bash cutter and the ATV winch. Chopped one end and towed it aside to clear the path.

Now I also carry a 13inch pruning saw. Weight nothing and takes next to no space... :)

CAK would be an ideal Knife for heavy use.
Merry Christmas!

Christmas morning at 1:03 in the morning and Yangdu is taking care of all of us as usual.

Merry Christmas Auntie, your the absolute best and we don't tell you that nearly enough.

Back