Himalayan Imports Picture Thread

A recent thread got me thinking about a thread that showed off some of HI offerings to help out newer people, or people who just like seeing pictures of great knives. I figure it's about time we had a thread with nothing but HI eye candy. So as a result this thread is born, a thread to post your pictures of HI knives.

I will start out with a few favorites of mine. In order they are Foxy Folly, Bagh Bhairab, Munk Chunk Cleaver, and Villager Ganga Ram.

DSCF0019b.jpg

DSCF0107b.jpg

DSCF0064b.jpg

DSCF0015b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow sweet pics skyler :eek:
i have to take pics of my khuks one day :eek:
thanks for sharing :thumbup:

lets keep those pics coming!!! :D

Great pictures, thank you Skyler

i know my pics suck... heres some old ones lol :D :thumbup: a few more have been added to my collection
i will take close up pics in the near future... better ones hopefully :)

EDIT:
1st pic left to right:
30" kobra, 25" grs, 23" bag bhairab, 22" dui chirra, 21" gelbu special, 20" super salyan, 18" sher attitude, 19" tin chirra, 18" hanuman ak, 18" garud ak, 18" UBE, 17" foxy folly, 17" bura boomerang, 17" m43, 16" cak, 16" bgrs, 16" wwII, 16" KH mccurdy custom, 15" bura hanshee, 15" BAS, 14" KH chainpure, 12" UB memorial salyan & 9" sgt. bilton.

1st pic bottom:
14" hasiya khurpi, 8" jkm karda, 6" r-6 sarge knife, 7" rusty sgian dubh, 7" r-3 knife, 7" villager sarge knife, 30" tarwar, 26" dukti & 20" bolo

2nd pic left to right:
21" chainpuri, 20" movie model, 20" museum model, 20" malla, 18" ak, 18" cak, 18" balance, 18" sirupate, 18" KH panawal ak, 17" bojpure, 16" sgt. UBE, 16" wwII, 16" KH mccurdy custom, 15" pen knife, 14" BDC, 14" chainpuri, 13" yangdu katunje special, 12" baby chitlangi, 10" baby BDC, 9" sgt. bilton, 9" bilton, 6" kagas katne, 15" r-1 stick knife & 16" d-1 knife

2nd pic bottom:
36" tibetan long sword, 36" everest katana, 24" backwards blade, 10" kumar karda, 9" kerambit, 7" r-4 knife & 15" ak bowie

Great idea Skyler. I especially like the fact that you labeled your knives so newbies like myself know at what they're looking.

Here are some larger pieces by Sher (Seaxs aren't large but looked good here).

4992BigIronbySherlabeled.jpg

on bottom
36" --- 53.2 oz Tibetan Long Sword
left to right
14" --- 16.2 oz Seax
30" --- 44.9 oz Kobra
27.5" - 45.1 oz Indonesian Sword
21.75" -42.1 oz Bhutan Sword
27.75" -57.6 oz Indonesian Sword
25" --- 42.3 oz Chitlangi
14" --- 17.6 oz Seax
on top
23" --- 38.6 oz Bag-Bhairab
19.5" - 40.3 oz Chiruwa Ang Khola

The 57.6 ounce Indonesian arrived today - AWESOME:D For when you absolutley positively have to utterly destroy something quickly. It actually doesn't feel too heavy in the hand since Sher made this one with a generous handle.
Lloyd

Andy, nice knife collection, correction, make that awesome knife collection. My wife didn't have much to say about the blades, but she thinks the quilt is nice...go figure.

i know my pics suck... heres some old ones lol :D :thumbup: a few more have been added to my collection
i will take close up pics in the near future... better ones hopefully :)

EDIT: i'll get to naming mine tonight :)
You're making me dizzy with that spread, incredible stuff there!

Great photos so far. Lets keep them coming.

In order Bura Boomerang (hanshee), Movie Model, and 18" Gelbu Sp.

DSCF0161b.jpg

DSCF0076b.jpg

DSCF0060b.jpg

First, the Baby BDC by Bura, my first kuk:

Now my two Chitlangi's, a 21 inch by Sher and a Grand Baby by Vin:

Finally, my new 15 inch Kobra by Sher:

My pic's are probably blurry. I've had 11 cups of Joe today. That coupled with my absolute lack of picture taking ability combine for blurry pictures.

GGLIH, :eek: that's some collection there, Jai.

Nice stuff all.

Here's the HI Falcata:

fb8vx.jpg

g27bc.jpg

and 25" Malla, 25" Gelbu

25s2us.jpg

Mike

Andy, nice knife collection, correction, make that awesome knife collection. My wife didn't have much to say about the blades, but she thinks the quilt is nice...go figure.

Thanks. I'll mention the quilt to my wife. She'll get a kick out of that.;)

That's a great picture Ted. I can never seem to get all the blades in focus and without some bad reflection. I guess that is why you are the professional.
Lloyd

Here are some larger pieces by Sher (Seaxs aren't large but looked good here).

They are not large only to Khuk fans. Whip a Seax out in a crowded restaurant and see what happens

Thanks, I'm actually shooting these from the second floor so focus isn't an issue. The lighting is just diffused sunlight from the window.

Thanks, I'm actually shooting these from the second floor so focus isn't an issue. The lighting is just diffused sunlight from the window.

I had mine spread on a pool table while I was balancing on a step-ladder trying to take the shot. Also it was too cloudy not to use a flash since I don't make a very stable tripod on that ladder.
What is the handle material on the lemon shot?
Lloyd

Back