Hinderer Gen 6

Everyone's all pumped up about the Gen 6s and for good reason. I'm waiting to pounce on the XM-18 Bowie! Really hope that hits sooner than later. I'm getting impatient. What's everyone's favorite style Hinderer?

I need a slicey blade...so Slicer profile for me.
Every Hinderer I've owned I ship off for a regrind anyway but my dream knife is a custom 3V XM-24 no choil slicer with a bearing pivot.
I wonder what that one would run to have Rick put one together to my specs...:eek:

I need a slicey blade...so Slicer profile for me.
Every Hinderer I've owned I ship off for a regrind anyway but my dream knife is a custom 3V XM-24 no choil slicer with a bearing pivot.
I wonder what that one would run to have Rick put one together to my specs...:eek:
That sounds like one helluva knife my friend!

I have XM-18 3.5" spanto and bowie. Both of them are cool grinds that I like a lot. My next will be a slicer grind, which looks great too. The spearpoint grind is always a safe bet. Somehow the skinner grind is the least attractive to me. Not a fan of the angular tanto grind.

I have a Gen 6 3.5 no choil M390 Spanto which is cool because I could probably drive it through a door with a hammer without issue. I’m a slicer guy forever though and I’m patiently waiting for the gen 6 3.5 no choil M390 slicer to drop and if it’s a skinny (not likely) it’ll be my ultimate Hinderer! I’m kicking myself for missing the recent run of skinnys but I do prefer the no choil style.

It have to be a xm18 spanto, no choil, flipper with thumb stud. I like the flipper portion to use as guard. Sent it razor edge to have it a ground thinner to slice. Make it a full titanium skinny frame with scales on both sides.

I'm really hoping for a No Choil Skinny Slicer 3.5 in 2019. These are my two Gen6 right now. Wharnie Skinny would be nice too.

JlabHEF.jpg

Everyone's all pumped up about the Gen 6s and for good reason. I'm waiting to pounce on the XM-18 Bowie! Really hope that hits sooner than later. I'm getting impatient. What's everyone's favorite style Hinderer?
Well not quite everyone - I much prefer Gen4's without the lock bar insert.

Update the XM24 already with Triway and Insert, I need a grown up knife. :p;) (And get moving on the Fulltracks.)

I like my Hinderers but prefer the non flippers ... but I have to admit I recently got a couple Gen 6 Hinderers ... and they are by far the smoothest best flipping Hinderers I have ever handled.

So much so that I am actually going to leave the flipper tabs on one or two of them ... and just put up with it biting into my index finger if I use a tight hammer grip ... or adjust my hold so it is comfortable ... because I like the action on the Gen 6s.

Last edited:
Back