Hinderer Half Track-Blade Style?

Looking at another knife described to have that blade shape, the Benchmade 940, I do see enough similarity to justify the term. The shape of the spine is where the majority of similarities lie.

That said, I don’t think it’s quite as applicable in this case. I probably would have said “drop point”, which I think would also be accurate for the 940.

I think it’s more of a marketing term than anything else. It just sounds cooler to say “reverse tanto”. It sounds like something I’d do in a Tony Hawk game. Probably a grab.

Either way, it's the best one so far and a surprisingly great user. If they drop a Half Track Sheepsfoot, I'm paying full price on release day.

Speaking of Sheepsfoot, a 3.5" Skinny Sheepsfoot No Choil would be amazing @Jordan@DLT :D

I thought Tri-way Half Track Spanto was BHQ exclusive….

It's a USA Made Blade exclusive.

The Spear Points have been sold by any Hinderer dealers. So far those are the only two blade shapes that have been done. Though there are rumors of more to come. Probably not for a while, though.

The Spear Points have been sold by any Hinderer dealers. So far those are the only two blade shapes that have been done. Though there are rumors of more to come. Probably not for a while, though.[/QUOTE]

i stand corrected. Spanto is supposed to be USA Made Blade exclusive.
So far, Spanto, Tanto and Spearpoint are the only existing blade style that I know of. Never heard about Half Track "Reverse Tanto" as advertised by Knife Center .

Last edited:
i stand corrected. Spanto is supposed to be USA Made Blade exclusive.
So far, Spanto, Tanto and Spearpoint are the only existing blade style that I know of. Never heard about Half Track "Reverse Tanto".

Josh was making a joke about "reverse Spanto" above. I forgot they had also done the Tanto blade on the Half Track, though.

Back