• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD: Hinderer Half Tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcap_magician

Farts rainbows.
Platinum Member
Second is a bowie Half Track in black G10 and Battle Bronze titanium. Working finish blade. Condition is NIB as purchased from USAMadeBlade. Note: Like the wharncliffe, I have a couple of these, and this one I kept as my backup because the flipping action is not as good as my other. It does flip fine, if you're firm with it, the same as the wharncliffe one above. Centering and lockup are good. $375 SOLD. [TAKE $10 OFF IF PURCHASED AND PAID BEFORE 3 P.M. CENTRAL TIME TOMORROW, JUNE 16, 2021 ONLY (Discount for only making me drive to the post office once).] SOLD

The below represents deliberate attempts to make blade deployment by the flipper tab fail. Again, only swift and firm pressure on the tab will reliably deploy it, weak pressure or gradual pressure will not.

Payment by PayPal G&S or USPS money order only. I will inform you of my anticipated ship time at time of purchase. I ship by USPS Priority Mail in a securely-taped box with insurance and signature confirmation. I request you contact me upon receipt to confirm that you received the knife and are satisfied - if you do not contact me within three days of delivery, I will assume you are satisfied. Please 'close the loop' in communications if you want BF feedback posted (post in thread, reply by PM or e-mail to confirm sale is complete).

EDIT - SPECIAL NOTE: Please be aware of the poorer flipping action on these knives. I will only accept returns for this reason if you cover return shipping and lost fees, as I disclosed and documented the issue extensively and can answer any additional questions.

EDIT: Forgot to note that both are working finish blades.

Last edited:
Interested in the Bowie but a little apprehensive about the flipping action comment you made. Can you elaborate on how it’s not as good as your other knife same model? Is it detent, just action in general? Any chance pivot could be cleaned, lubed, tuned to get it dialed in?

Interested in the Bowie but a little apprehensive about the flipping action comment you made. Can you elaborate on how it’s not as good as your other knife same model? Is it detent, just action in general? Any chance pivot could be cleaned, lubed, tuned to get it dialed in?
I can get a video up a bit later. Basically it requires a firm flip with the index finger. If you place your finger poorly on the flipper tab, or you don't press quickly and firmly, it will not open smoothly. The pivot probably doesn't need to be cleaned (it's new and unused), but it could certainly be lubed and have the tension adjusted. I don't have a spanner wrench to do this with, though.

Videos posted in the original post. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back