Hinderer noob - 1st XM-18, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks.

I just purchased my first hinderer, an xm18 3.5 spanto gen4, and I'm having a similar issue to a youtube user 'Modifiedz' as detailed in this video https://youtu.be/DLvn2_8CIx4?t=23s except my blade sits a bit deeper than his one and the detent strength is fine, none of the weird clicking sounds he has. It does rattle though when I shake the knife in the closed state.

I can rock the blade back and forth in the closed state using the flipper before it breaks the detent.

Is this an issue/something I should worry about?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
It's the stop pin that rattles. There's a floating pin where a stop pin is on the scales. mine did the exact same thing. It bothered me at first, but I got over it. You will be able to move the blade some back and forth when closed.

It's the stop pin that rattles. There's a floating pin where a stop pin is on the scales. mine did the exact same thing. It bothered me at first, but I got over it. You will be able to move the blade some back and forth when closed.

My stop pin is not rattling, it's stuck in there pretty tight. I can definitely feel the blade rattling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back