Hinderer Ranch Bowie

I'm weak... I couldn't resist. DLT only had one left in the configuration I liked and after scouring a bunch of other sites they are somewhat hard to find at this point. I broke down and ordered a Hinderer Ranch Bowie in green canvas micarta and black stonewashed dlc blade.

I don't know why I wanted or needed this blade. I convinced myself that I will use it while camping lol. I was just so drawn to it and after contemplating buying a Bradford guardian of some sort this just seemed more special to me. Also the guardians seem like I can pick one up at anytime down the road.

So anyways for those of you asking about this or wanting to see more pictures, once I receive it I will of course post pictures.

This will be my first fixed blade and will probably spoil all other fixed blades for me. Damn you Hinderer why do I like all your stuff.

I have to agree that it has some sweet lines, I think posting the store pic is ok
RHK-2363__43582.1546622187.jpg

I really like the looks of it, I may try to get one down the line, i'd really like to see a more bowie sized one, like 8-10" blade.

I would totally get one if it wasn't above the legal carry limit here. I really dig the shape.

It has arrived... this thing feels like a tank.. more solid even than I though it would be. I am not sure what I am gonna use this for besides the once maybe twice a year I go camping but for some reason I just had to have it. Here are some pics. Also special shout out to DLT trading. I emailed them and asked how I acquire one of these gray mats and if I could purchase one. Jordan hooked me up and sent me one free of charge! Thanks a bunch Jordan!

Opening the new Hinderer with the old Hinderer.
bST2Z9t.jpg

dIUjz7x.jpg

UEiLFWU.jpg

C39E2iP.jpg

owt6kPL.jpg

1w0LLj1.jpg

0yP4hF1.jpg

It has arrived... this thing feels like a tank.. more solid even than I though it would be. I am not sure what I am gonna use this for besides the once maybe twice a year I go camping but for some reason I just had to have it. Here are some pics. Also special shout out to DLT trading. I emailed them and asked how I acquire one of these gray mats and if I could purchase one. Jordan hooked me up and sent me one free of charge! Thanks a bunch Jordan!

Opening the new Hinderer with the old Hinderer.
bST2Z9t.jpg

dIUjz7x.jpg

UEiLFWU.jpg

C39E2iP.jpg

owt6kPL.jpg

1w0LLj1.jpg

0yP4hF1.jpg
That thing looks badass! Congrats! I really like that mat too.

That thing looks badass! Congrats! I really like that mat too.

Thanks it is pretty badass, now I want to be outdoors suddenly lol.

I just emailed DLT with my order number for my xm-18 and they sent me one free. You have ordered a few Hinderers recently so I am sure they would send you one too if you asked them.

Thanks it is pretty badass, now I want to be outdoors suddenly lol.

I just emailed DLT with my order number for my xm-18 and they sent me one free. You have ordered a few Hinderers recently so I am sure they would send you one too if you asked them.
Might be worth a shot! Thanks.

That is a sweet design. If it were bigger, I'd be considering it. Right not the TOPS Prather War Bowie has the top spot for upcoming purchase. Love that clip point.

A 6 1/2 inch blade would be ideal for me, but I plan to get one of these. Do the scales come off? If so I’d make a set of desert ironwood scales.

Great looking knife! You got the exact configuration I would (and might) get. Now get out and use it!

Congo rats on your new toy! Classic looking blade right there.

The real question is ... will it baton?

You now have a good excuse to go camping more often :D

Great looking knife! You got the exact configuration I would (and might) get. Now get out and use it!

I like this configuration a lot. Unfortunately I got the last one at DLT and I also saw them at gp knives, but they are sold out now. I'm not sure if they have this configuration elsewhere.

Congo rats on your new toy! Classic looking blade right ther
The real question is ... will it baton?

You now have a good excuse to go camping more often :D

Lol not sure I am going to find out, but I am sure it can.

I am also just now realizing I could have quoted all these in one post.. sorry newbie problems.

Glad to see someone posting on this- I've been drooling over them since they were released. Would look great with my Bowie folder! :D

Got a FXM wharnie a bit ago and It's a great knife. Seems like Hinderer's fixed blades don't get enough love.

I like this configuration a lot. Unfortunately I got the last one at DLT and I also saw them at gp knives, but they are sold out now. I'm not sure if they have this configuration elsewhere.
That's for the best. I have no knife money set aside right now, my wife would kill me, and I have plenty of other 3V in that size range so I definitly don't NEED it. I'll just live vicariously through your pics for now.

I didn't have any knife money put aside either lol. Was kind of an impulse buy was thinking of a Bradford guardian of some variety but this just caught my eye.

Does anyone have and picture requests anyways? I haven't seen a lot of pics of this knife out there. And I don't mean this knife stuck in a tree somewhere, I'm not ready for that yet lol. By requests I mean pics in hand or next to my other knives or underside etc.. stuff like that.

Back