Hinderer Skinnys

Great question.
I’ve passed up two well used, overpriced Skinnys I could’ve snatched.
Well over new price, lol. No thanks.
They’ll come back soon enough.

There have only been a few runs of them. Scarcity is the reason for the pricing. I kind of doubt we’ll see more runs of 3.5” skinny’s anytime soon.

Are they rare? I just picked one up from the last run of them. Seems like you can find them if you really want one, and they cost about the same as a normal XM.

Rick needs to figure out hardware n scale scarcity problem on the Skinnys too.

Hoping DLT can convince him to do another round of Slicers in 3.5.

Google reveals availability. Not sure whether they're supporting members, so link for you.

Google reveals availability. Not sure whether they're supporting members, so link for you.

You must be using a different Google than me.......

It may show availability when doing the initial search but clicking on the retailers link I only found one in stock at a premium mark up.

Yeah, I think most folks will have to pick one up on the secondary market at this point. Sometimes people try to sell them at a premium, but I also see them come up regularly at a reasonable price, below retail, somewhere between $375 and $400 is pretty typical. But they don’t come up super often, at least not where I’m looking.

You must be using a different Google than me.......

It may show availability when doing the initial search but clicking on the retailers link I only found one in stock at a premium mark up.
The first one that pops up doesn’t have them. GP Knives appears to have XM-24 Skinnies at $525.

I was. I mean, I like the XM-24, but she’s a bit big for everyday carry, IMHO

I think the XM-18 skinny is the real sweet spot in the line up

Agreed.

This thread needs a pic :)

GXTWe0a.jpg

The Hinderer Firetac is built using the same thickness as the Hinderer Skinnies. So if you want a Hinderer tank like build without the extra bulk check out the Hinderer Firetac.

Doesn't seem like they're ground very thin at the tip or behind the edge, nor do they have as acute of a primary angle grind compared to something like a slicer grind XM-18 skinny.

Doesn't seem like they're ground very thin at the tip or behind the edge, nor do they have as acute of a primary angle grind compared to something like a slicer grind XM-18 skinny.

Most Hinderers I’ve seen haven’t been great slicers. It would be nice to see a firetac with a slicer grind. A skinny 3.5 inch xm18 with slicer grind is a pretty rare knife but an excellent grail to quest after.

You can find Skinnys all day, Gen6 XM-18 Skinnys are only on the used market. I can wait for a new one.

So far I've seen a lot, but all of them were either too wrecked for the price or nice, but over new price..

When I drop $400+ on a knife, I generally want brand new anyway.

Back