Hinderer Skinnys

Actually, I'm looking for a 3.5" Skinny Sheepsfoot myself, if anyone who frequents this thread is looking to unload one. Shoot me a PM. :D

@ferider Was hoping to find a Black hardware set for the 3.5 skinny Sheepsfoot

Ya I have a sheepsfoot and the standoffs are smaller than regular standoffs, also they have screws on both sides and the screws are smaller too. I have been on the lookout for a skinny sheepsfoot set but they are unobtanium.

Let me know if you find it though please, I know USAMade has standard blue skinny ti sets but no Black. I just picked up the bronzed ti set and it works great with my maroon micarta Covid skinny!

XP7CSwDh.jpg

Last edited:
Had this bad boy waiting for me today when I came home!

XM18 3.5 Skinny Sheepsfoot

Micarta scale is going to age nicely :)

you would never know unless I showed you, but I sand out a little more of a relief on the show scale in the finger grove. This makes thumb access to the lock bar super easy now and takes that sharp edge away.

I also didn’t like how sharp the flipper tab felt on this one, so used the Dremel and a EZ Lock rotary 320 finishing buff and rounded off the edges a touch. Doing it this way doesn’t alter the look at all but feels much better.

DLT tossed in a Hinderer mat too, so cool.

Also, a tip I was given from halden.doerge halden.doerge use some Teflon tape like for pipe thread on the pivot. Works fantastic at keeping pivot in place and easy to use and clean. I recommend the grey stuff, use an inch long piece and fold it in half. Wrap two threads above so it’s easy to start screw.
Just wanted to pass on that tip :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Had this bad boy waiting for me today when I came home!

XM18 3.5 Skinny Sheepsfoot

Micarta scale is going to age nicely :)

you would never know unless I showed you, but I sand out a little more of a relief on the show scale in the finger grove. This makes thumb access to the lock bar super easy now and takes that sharp edge away.

I also didn’t like how sharp the flipper tab felt on this one, so used the Dremel and a EZ Lock rotary 320 finishing buff and rounded off the edges a touch. Doing it this way doesn’t alter the look at all but feels much better.

DLT tossed in a Hinderer mat too, so cool.

Also, a tip I was given from halden.doerge halden.doerge use some Teflon tape like for pipe thread on the pivot. Works fantastic at keeping pivot in place and easy to use and clean. I recommend the grey stuff, use an inch long piece and fold it in half. Wrap two threads above so it’s easy to start screw.
Just wanted to pass on that tip :thumbsup:

Right on! Guess what I had waiting for me yesterday, too:

coZ5LWE.jpg

I've got a Skinny green micarta scale, too. I'm sure I'll get the itch to dress it up in that eventually. :D

That's the one to have. Did they install the micarta scale for you?

Nope, it was originally the OD green G10 version. I purchased the Micarta scale when I picked up the knife as DLT had the 3.5” skinny Micarta in-stock. I put the Micarta scale on soon as it arrived :)

Right on! Guess what I had waiting for me yesterday, too:

coZ5LWE.jpg

I've got a Skinny green micarta scale, too. I'm sure I'll get the itch to dress it up in that eventually. :D

Nice! I was wondering who picked it up. I came really close to buying it :eek: and having two.

Glad you picked this one up bud :thumbsup:

halden.doerge halden.doerge I just noticed you got a Hinderer DLT mat too! Sweet, these are really nice and they added them for free!
I didn’t even know they had these or add it in my cart they just sent it, So cool of DLT.

halden.doerge halden.doerge I just noticed you got a Hinderer DLT mat too! Sweet, these are really nice and they added them for free!
I didn’t even know they had these or add it in my cart they just sent it, So cool of DLT.

Lol, I actually have two of them now. Kinda overkill I guess. I totally forgot about it when ordering this one.

Back