Hinderer Skinnys

Received my skinny today. I love it. I saw they made a titanium lock side also from TAD. I want that next thinking putting on some black stonewashed scales on this oneView attachment 1357622

I've been off the forum for a bit - I noticed your 3" Skinny has a nice big thumbhole cut out - did Hinderer finally fix the scales that ship with the 3" Skinny's. Great news if so!

I've got 4 of 'em that need those new scales if that's what's he's done.

So do the skinny models take the same screws as the regular xm18 3.5 ones? Just kinda overwhelmed trying to piece together some aftermarket hardware for the skinny 3.5.

Same handle screws, different nuts and standoffs. Some have filed down the nuts to fit, same for the pivot screw (which I believe is the same as the 3")

This is just for people who are interested in putting regular g10 scales on skinnies.

I replaced the scale of a 3.5" XM-18 skinny slicer with the scale of regular 3.5" XM-18. The pivot screw is long enough to still stick out a bit from the other side, so that part should work just fine. I was able to tighten all three body screws, though I don't know if they got into the nuts deep enough due to the increased thickness of the scale. These screws do have the same length as the regular 3.5" XM-18 screws. So far everything appears to hold tight and there is no difference in terms of the flipping action. Also the knife still feels more like a skinny than a regular despite the increased scale thickness.

The orange scale in the pics below is a regular XM-18's. Both knives are 3.5" skinny slicers.

mFaeEmV.jpg

iGCO4bk.jpg

3Zy4vco.jpg

6XeybbC.jpg

This is just for people who are interested in putting regular g10 scales on skinnies.

I replaced the scale of a 3.5" XM-18 skinny slicer with the scale of regular 3.5" XM-18. The pivot screw is long enough to still stick out a bit from the other side, so that part should work just fine. I was able to tighten all three body screws, though I don't know if they got into the nuts deep enough due to the increased thickness of the scale. These screws do have the same length as the regular 3.5" XM-18 screws. So far everything appears to hold tight and there is no difference in terms of the flipping action. Also the knife still feels more like a skinny than a regular despite the increased scale thickness.

The orange scale in the pics below is a regular XM-18's. Both knives are 3.5" skinny slicers.

mFaeEmV.jpg

iGCO4bk.jpg

3Zy4vco.jpg

6XeybbC.jpg

Thank you!

I would have considered a 3.5" skinny if they ever made a no choil wharncliffe.

However, I have reallocated funds for the time being for a SIG Juliet 4.

I have grown to appreciate the skinnier blades in general. Thin and slicy trumps thick and chunky imo.

Chunky and slicey are not mutually exclusive. :)

Here is my contribution, Flipper Delete mod and Regrind. XM18 Skinny 3.5 Harpoon with Battle Green Ti scale 🤙

Beautiful knife, Havoc. I'm a fan of Tom's work.

i-RV8cNV7-X3.jpg

i-GJvZk6G-X2.jpg

Roland.

Chunky and slicey are not mutually exclusive. :)

Beautiful knife, Havoc. I'm a fan of Tom's work.

i-RV8cNV7-X3.jpg

i-GJvZk6G-X2.jpg

Roland.

Roland,
Those are damn nice! I like REK’s work too. I see you have both 👍 lucky. I don’t know about REK but Tom puts the Best hair popping edge I’ve had in awhile that I didn’t have to do myself.

Back