Hinderer Skinnys

Skinny 3.0
lVcUzxa.jpg

e53SmP5.jpg

QJlfBJV.jpg

772eGko.jpg

l6aBf3Y.jpg

CuwsttZ.jpg

Disengagement is a little tough at times, the show side scale is the same as the other scale, it should have been recessed a little more, like the liner is.

The flipper tab is really pokey. I don't want to say sharp because it's chamfered and there are no truly sharp edges, but it's Hinderer's standard flipper tab sized down to where it really digs into your fingertip. Combined with the very hard detent, I'm starting to develop a callus on my finger from this knife. I'm hoping the detent will break in a little over time.

Thank you for your thoughts on it. This will be my first Hinderer so I’ll have to wait and see if it’s a keeper.

I just answered my own question, .140 blade stock on the regular and .125 on the skinny. Seems to be that is the only difference?

I just answered my own question, .140 blade stock on the regular and .125 on the skinny. Seems to be that is the only difference?

Yea, the blade is thinner, and the handle is the same thickness as the 3.5 skinny. I think it would have been too thin for comfort if the handle was any thinner, but that's just me.
Also the liner lock is a huge difference, I think the lockbar access should have been better, but I hope to see more Hinderers built like this

Yeah, the Skinny handle is actually thicker than the std 3.0..
They also weigh the same. I’m a bit puzzled over the whole thing, honestly..
I have more pics and a review in the Hinderer thread.

Same here, it's actually made me second guess purchasing one.

I wish these were like GEC where they announce all the different variants of the model they plan on producing. I’m wondering if a slicer no choil will be produced.

Same here, it's actually made me second guess purchasing one.
Makes me want to purchase one more as I love the way the original Fulltrack functions. Nearly impossible to accidentally disengage that lock if doing any twisting motions. Brilliant.

Great video. I’m really starting to like this new Skinny model now. And I think $325 is more then reasonable! I’m gonna have to move a knife to make room for one of the new slicers.

I love my no choil slicer 3.0s.
I’m still not in love with the lock bar access on this new Skinny. It works, but it could definitely be better.
Just being straight up honest. I really think it could’ve been done better.
I think they need to redo the show-side scale to open up the thumb access a little more - it wouldn’t take much, but it would make a huge difference.
The rest of it is typical Hinderer awesome-sauce.

Makes me want to purchase one more as I love the way the original Fulltrack functions. Nearly impossible to accidentally disengage that lock if doing any twisting motions. Brilliant.

I have both the original Fulltrack and the 3" skinny. I agree that the Fulltrack is great as is, and I have no problems with access on the original lock cutout, but it is pretty different from the 3" skinny. The Fulltrack has the standard .16" blade stock, plus a nice cut on the inside of the lockbar that grabs your finger. There's plenty of real estate for me to get my finger in there and disengage the lock. On the 3" skinny, the blade stock is .125", so the scales are closer together. The show side liner has a little cutout and the lockbar has some jimping, so there's a little more room to get your thumb in there, but I don't quite get the same purchase on the lockbar as I do on the Fulltrack. My thumb just doesn't get in there like it does on some other knives, YMMV.

However, since I've had it for 4 days now, I've become much more used to unlocking the 3" skinny, and I don't think it's as much of a problem anymore. I might still sand down the show side scale a little bit though, but I do get your point about it being nearly impossible to disengage with a twisting motion.

I’m not sure if their is an answer for this, but is there any hard numbers on how many Skinny Slicer 3.5” XM-18s were made last year? I love this damn thing, honestly the only knife I ever need for the rest of my life.
qgeOCr2.jpg

Back