Hinderer vs Strider thoughts

I just got my first Hinderer and Strider yesterday and totally impressed with both. Don't know why it took me so long. I kinda prefer the Hinderer but the Strider is growing on me every time i open it. Have a couple ZT's (550/566) and they are very nice but I now see why you pay more for a actual Hinderer.

Worst thing about getting new frame locks is my Thumb hurts like hell i have opened them so many times

Congrats on the SnG & XM-18. They are BOTH awesome knives. I LOVE the orange SnG, and I do love the green XM-18.

Congrats! Both are fine knives. I own a few Hinderer blades and one Strider Smf cc. My preference is Hinderer. I find they have a higher degree of fit and finish. Never had any lock stick and they are smooth out of the box. I saw an image on Instagram of two Hinderers, one new and they other opened over 1,000 times. People were hard pressed to guess which was which. Mine all flip well and I love their ergonomics.

Thanks! the Hinderer has no lock stick but i do experiece lock stick on the Strider hope it gets better as i break it in

Looking for more Hinderers

Thanks! the Hinderer has no lock stick but i do experiece lock stick on the Strider hope it gets better as i break it in

Looking for more Hinderers

You can rub a bit of graphite from a pencil on the lockface to ease the stick. Sharpie is suppose to work also.

I enjoy them both. I have a MSC performance sng and a spanto 3.5 xm-18. I like the strider more because it's lighter, but the xm-18 is a Home run as well.

Tell you what i have been working the Strider for a couple days not impressed lock up sucks sorry don't want to be mean but got a Hinderer at the same time and no comparison. on lock up

Could you elaborate on why you think the Strider and Hinderer are better than the ZT0550? I have owned all of them and I don't see much of a difference.

I just got my first Hinderer and Strider yesterday and totally impressed with both. Don't know why it took me so long. I kinda prefer the Hinderer but the Strider is growing on me every time i open it. Have a couple ZT's (550/566) and they are very nice but I now see why you pay more for a actual Hinderer.

Worst thing about getting new frame locks is my Thumb hurts like hell i have opened them so many times

These are two classics I need to add to the collection. Really want a spanto xm-18 with bronze ano hardware. If I saw one of those at a good price I wouldn't hesitate. Congrats!

I see you got a flat ground strider. Do some cutting with both them knives and come back and give us your thoughts...

You got a couple of really nice knives there. I think you're gonna find the Strider cuts much better than the Hinderer. I had a Lego SnG, but got rid of it and months later found the CC calling my name. Although it's slick, I like it much better. It had pretty bad lock stick, but for some reason taking it apart, cleaning and putting back together has fixed that. On the flip side, both Hinderers I've had barely locked up. I find Hinderer wins in the F&F department easily though the one XM I have left is not a perfect example by any means.

Kinda how I rate them:
Ergos: Hinderer
Cutting ability: Strider (in FFG)
F&F: Hinderer
Lockup: A "good" 50% Strider lockup (my Hinderers too early for me)
Better buy for the $: Hinderer
Cool factor: Toss up

YMMV

I personally like Strider, to me it is a more EDC friendly design. Plus an Sng or SMF just fits perfectly in my hand.

Both great knives, and I have used both extensively...(XM-18 3.5/SnG/SMF)

I prefer the SMF miles above anything RHK, but that's just my personal opinion based on how I like a knife to feel and work.

The answer to your question really comes down to just that; personal preference....

Back