Hip replacement & changes..

Best of luck to you, Ken, I've always enjoyed out interactions. I wish you all the best and thanks for all the help and contributions you've had for this community.

E

I'm out of the hospital and things went very smoothly. PT guy said its possible I could be driving within 2 weeks, which would be great. Doc said that the cartilage was completely gone in the joint, so its been bone on bone for a while now. But not anymore! Now I'm part cyborg.

Thank you again everyone for your support and well wishes. It means a tremendous amount to me.

Ken

That is awesome news Ken......I've never had a cybog friend before ;)

Best wishes for continued progress in the days & weeks ahead !

Man, I just saw this (transitioned to a new role at my company, and have had no time). I'm glad the surgery went well Ken, and I'm pretty bummed that you're leaving. Thanks for all your quick replies to my PMs, heads up on FBF posts, and just being an all around stand up guy. Awesome that you're moving back home to help out your parents. :thumbup:

Good luck on your recovery! My total hip replacement in 2007 did not fair well. Eleven months after the surgery I was told it needs to be replaced again as soon as possible because it did not graft to the femur bone. This was a big disappointment and ended my career because they never got it right. I have learned to enjoy early retirement best I can even though I can not get around comfortably. For me slow and steady now wins the race.

Ken,
So happy to hear that. Hate that I won't see your smiling face every time I'm able to come by the shop.

Preston

Glad things have gone well! Keep us posted!

Take the PT slow and steady Ken. I'm so glad to hear that everything is progressing well.

Ken,

I'm glad to hear things went well. I was saddened to hear you were leaving since you were my go to guy from the beginning. Best wishes on the move and for your parents.

thanks everybody for the well wishes. Things continue to improve, although this is definitely no walk in the park. The bruising on my leg is chaotic now. It wasn't bad at all leaving the hospital, I guess all that blood needed a couple days to come to the surface. My folks are here taking care of me and this would have been impossible without them. I keep dreaming that I'm walking around and wake up to a completely different reality. Those transition times are a bit stressful as my brain adjusts to reality, but otherwise slow and steady progress. :thumbup:

Hang in there Ken! The PT is important for a good outcome. Follow all hip precautions, and do your exercise! :thumbup::)

Hey Ken,

So glad the surgery went well, and we are praying for a speedy recovery! Keep positive is the best thing my buddy's in rehab always say. Thanks for all that you do, I have enjoyed the conversations we have had and hope the best for you and your in your new adventure!

Gheez Ken! Sorry to hear all that. Gonna be missed my friend. Trust everything will work out for you. Quick healings.
Anytime you're down this way you still got some forging tricks to learn and are always welcome here and at Trackrock.

Anyone heard from Ken lately? I am curious as to how his recovery is going.

Back